Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 267188 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Belle of St. Marks
« Reply #525 on: August 26, 2010, 12:45:39 AM »
Hey there gang,

I've been occupied lately with packing and such: I'm moving in with a fantastic guy named Andy who's been a dear friend and an inspiring artistic collaborator over the past two years.  I mentioned him a lot in old BIBT blog entries, but haven't told you about his musical and other creative projects.  They'll come to light in the coming months.

We found a great spot on St. Marks Place, between 2nd and 3rd Aves, two blocks from the building pictured on Physical Graffiti's cover (as Mike noted to me earlier).  I hope being in a younger and more artful nabe gets my own juices flowing again.

Here's hoping for a stress-free move for me next Tuesday.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Belle of St. Marks
« Reply #526 on: August 26, 2010, 07:52:26 AM »
Hey there gang,

I've been occupied lately with packing and such: I'm moving in with a fantastic guy named Andy who's been a dear friend and an inspiring artistic collaborator over the past two years.  I mentioned him a lot in old BIBT blog entries, but haven't told you about his musical and other creative projects.  They'll come to light in the coming months.

We found a great spot on St. Marks Place, between 2nd and 3rd Aves, two blocks from the building pictured on Physical Graffiti's cover (as Mike noted to me earlier).  I hope being in a younger and more artful nabe gets my own juices flowing again.

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 28, 2010, 12:36:07 AM »
Hey there gang,

Wow. Good stuff!
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #528 on: August 28, 2010, 09:26:25 AM »
Definitely hope for that. Moving is one of those things I dread.  Good luck on your new place.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #529 on: August 28, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
What to do with a nice pressure cooker..... My lovely Mom ordered it from HSN in June and gave it to me a week ago for my birthday. Kind of an unwelcome surprise which makes me feel like a real shit for not wanting it. 5qt Wolfgang Puck model. Looks nice. I have no counter room or cupboard space for it. No real desire to try using it. HSN won't take a return because it is past their 30/60 day policy.  Any of you use one and can maybe convince me I should not continue to live without one? Do I hurt her feelings and return it to her and maybe she'll use it? I have no desire to try selling it. Just store it in the garage? I feel tormented by this.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 28, 2010, 10:15:54 PM »
What to do with a nice pressure cooker..... My lovely Mom ordered it from HSN in June and gave it to me a week ago for my birthday. Kind of an unwelcome surprise which makes me feel like a real shit for not wanting it. 5qt Wolfgang Puck model. Looks nice. I have no counter room or cupboard space for it. No real desire to try using it. HSN won't take a return because it is past their 30/60 day policy.  Any of you use one and can maybe convince me I should not continue to live without one? Do I hurt her feelings and return it to her and maybe she'll use it? I have no desire to try selling it. Just store it in the garage? I feel tormented by this.

http://www.pressurecookerrecipes.net/

;)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 29, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »

One word: Regift.

Seriously.  I have no qualms with doing so.  Give something a home that can make the most of it.

Or else donate it to a Goodwill or similar service.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 29, 2010, 07:29:43 PM »
I used to use one all the time to make the beginning stage of lentil soup, until it blew up all over the ceiling.  It does leverage the laws of science to legitimately save time, but I don't really use it anymore.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 31, 2010, 12:18:55 AM »
Not *my* life necessarily, but it just occurred to me that two of our number have been missing for a bit. Mshray hasn't been heard from for just over a month, and the Princess has been gone about two weeks longer than that. Anyone heard from either of them? They OK? One worries...  ???
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 31, 2010, 10:24:34 AM »
Not *my* life necessarily, but it just occurred to me that two of our number have been missing for a bit. Mshray hasn't been heard from for just over a month, and the Princess has been gone about two weeks longer than that. Anyone heard from either of them? They OK? One worries...  ???
I talked with MShray about a month ago. Trials and tribulations. Need to reach out again.  I checked POCs FB page recently and she is traipsing thru foreign lands and looks to be good.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 23, 2010, 02:22:47 PM »
I'll be computerless all day tomorrow (Friday), at an offsite "retreat" (KP loves that sorta stuff). So I'll miss whatever AL has in store, and ditto next Tues & Thurs --- 10am meetings both days. And ah am much much unhappy about that.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 24, 2010, 09:31:06 PM »
well, our inept IT dept has blocked this site because it has to do with radio.  I guess we got too popular to avoid detection by the filter police!  So, I can't even follow along during the day anymore.
 :(

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 26, 2010, 07:35:26 AM »
Not *my* life necessarily, but it just occurred to me that two of our number have been missing for a bit. Mshray hasn't been heard from for just over a month, and the Princess has been gone about two weeks longer than that. Anyone heard from either of them? They OK? One worries...  ???
I talked with MShray about a month ago. Trials and tribulations. Need to reach out again.  I checked POCs FB page recently and she is traipsing thru foreign lands and looks to be good.

Thanks, guys! I'm doing well. I still try to catch a show during the week when I can (at 7pm my time, of course). Any new news about Mark?

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 11, 2010, 08:59:08 PM »
This Cat is taking a quick trip to the big apple and hopefully partying with Gaz next Sunday! I'll be there Tuesday the 19th while the NYY are playing at home. No desire to GO to the game but it'll be fun to find a local hot spot to cheer with the fans.
Gaz, anything I can bring you from here you can't get there?
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 12, 2010, 07:36:28 AM »

Gaz, anything I can bring you from here you can't get there?

Well, Gaz'd like Pat Burrell, but he might be busy...  ;)