Author Topic: 24 Aug 2011: it's... 1968!! no, really!!  (Read 12369 times)

Nate

• two bits
  • It's called "Internet"
    • View Profile
Re: 24 Aug 2011: it's... 1968!! no, really!!
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:43 PM »
Interesting, it's a 60's set and it's an old folks home in the old clubhouse.  Could be the others are otherwise occupied.
Either that, or they're politely repulsed, and not slagging the dinosaur music!

I like the 60's, especially Soul Patrol. But this is too overplayed, as many of you pointed out.

Most over-exposed: Piece of my Heart, Jude, Dock of the Bay

The last one left permanent burns on my ears as part of the horror that was the SF Giants set last fall. OUCH.

Nate

• two bits
  • It's called "Internet"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »
Interesting, it's a 60's set and it's an old folks home in the old clubhouse.  Could be the others are otherwise occupied.

I love the 60s!  I'm actually getting sick of KFOG's version the 80s, to be quite honest...

I'm offended at the "new" 80's we're getting. How many times can you play The Call, "Let the day begin"? Or all the obvious hits from INXS? TFF?

For 80's, I want early Metallica, DKs, Violent Femmes, Erasure, Alphaville, Young Fresh Fellows, Run DMC, etc.

Every set should have about 20% "NTM" songs!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 12:01:03 AM »
Interesting, it's a 60's set and it's an old folks home in the old clubhouse.  Could be the others are otherwise occupied.

I love the 60s!  I'm actually getting sick of KFOG's version the 80s, to be quite honest...

I'm offended at the "new" 80's we're getting. How many times can you play The Call, "Let the day begin"? Or all the obvious hits from INXS? TFF?

For 80's, I want early Metallica, DKs, Violent Femmes, Erasure, Alphaville, Young Fresh Fellows, Run DMC, etc.

EXACTLY!!! From your keyboard to Dennis Constantine's eyes!
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2011, 07:42:21 AM »

EXACTLY!!! From your keyboard to Dennis Constantine's eyes!

Dittoes. And it's interesting how many "younger" Fogheads are critical of the new music mix, both inside and outside of 10@10. As I noted in the "KFOG but not 10@10" thread, not only did we get a '68 set yesterday (weak as it may have been), but AL played another Beatle tune later in her shift ("Two of Us") *and* played the Beach Boys as her vinyl cut at 3:00. That's more '60s than they've played in a month. So either they're getting feedback from the younger demo saying "hey, we don't HATE everything pre-1978" or else DC is on vacay this week. (I have yet to get a reply to my email so maybe it's the latter.)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round