Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1078634 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #900 on: October 31, 2008, 09:01:02 AM »
Did you see Dave's latest? http://www.kfog.com/shows/airstaff/dave_morey_blog.asp#drink

We should try a club holiday get together and make it geaographically convenient for Dave to join.
I still feel a hole in my being with him going.

I saw that and assumed he was kidding -- do you think he really wants to make the time to meet THOUSANDS of Fogheads between now and 12/19?  I'm sure the annual "Concert for Kids" will be the official "Say Goodbye to Dave" gathering.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 31, 2008, 09:31:41 AM »
right now on KFOG: Matt Nathanson doing one of his patented Springsteen covers: "No Surrender".

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 31, 2008, 10:34:33 AM »
Did you see Dave's latest? http://www.kfog.com/shows/airstaff/dave_morey_blog.asp#drink

We should try a club holiday get together and make it geographically convenient for Dave to join.

Dave wrote:
First – Thanks to everybody who’s emailed and called since the announcement. I had no idea.

Typical Dave. I think he kind of forgets that he's a regular part of the mornings of THOUSANDS of Northern Californians--and a fair number of us ex-pats all over the world.  I haven't written him yet, but I intend to. Just to say thanks and to wish him well.

Not sure how an invitation would be received by him. We can certainly make the offer, but I wouldn't count on him accepting. (But that said, if one is planned, I'll be down there from Dec. 4 thru 9. Either afternoon that weekend might work, particularly if it were somewhere in the Marin area.)
Let's get right to it.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 31, 2008, 11:07:27 AM »
We should try a club holiday get together and make it geaographically convenient for Dave to join.
In case he doesn't accept, you might want to catch Dave tomorrow (Sat) 10am-12pm at Peet's, 1343 Locust St, Walnut Creek (promoting new Live From Archives CD).  Since mshray and I will be there, an option for y'all is take BART to WC and one of us can shuttle you, its just a mile between BART and Peet's.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 31, 2008, 01:41:08 PM »
I'll be down there from Dec. 4 thru 9. Either afternoon that weekend might work, particularly if it were somewhere in the Marin area.)

You're in the Bay Area those days?  Very good to know ...
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 31, 2008, 04:28:35 PM »
In case he doesn't accept, you might want to catch Dave tomorrow (Sat) 10am-12pm at Peet's, 1343 Locust St, Walnut Creek (promoting new Live From Archives CD).  Since mshray and I will be there, an option for y'all is take BART to WC and one of us can shuttle you, its just a mile between BART and Peet's.
I'd love to but it's too far for me. I'll be seeing our fave Annalisa in RWC. She thinks I'm phenomenal! ;)
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 31, 2008, 04:42:30 PM »
I'll be down there from Dec. 4 thru 9. Either afternoon that weekend might work, particularly if it were somewhere in the Marin area.)

Do you have dates planned to be out this way?
I have a Dec 6 Sharks game at 7pm but nothing else Dec 4-9.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 31, 2008, 10:08:44 PM »
I'd love to but it's too far for me. I'll be seeing our fave Annalisa in RWC. She thinks I'm phenomenal! ;)

You ARE phenomenal, baby!  Make sure you get Annalisa's autograph for Tinka Cat -- he LURVES her ;D

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 01, 2008, 03:49:09 PM »

You ARE phenomenal, baby!  Make sure you get Annalisa's autograph for Tinka Cat -- he LURVES her ;D
Met La Annalisa. Also saw her fiancee. I was under the impression she swung the other way and we chatted. She used to and now doesn't. Very nice. Says Dave is REALLY happy about his decision to head in a homeward direction. I also asked if there was interest on her part or other DJs at KFOG to move into the morning show slot. She's interested and thinks others are too. Says manager or station director has decision to make and thinks resumes are also flooding in.Talked to Mshray who talked with Dave this morning and he'll have more details to share about Dave's thoughts on the future of 10@10 sets.

eta: I emailed Dave about a get together with us sometime Dec 4-9. Mshray asked him too and Dave mentioned receiving my email so he might be considering.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:13:24 PM by Alicat »
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 01, 2008, 06:36:01 PM »

Do you have dates planned to be out this way?
I have a Dec 6 Sharks game at 7pm but nothing else Dec 4-9.

Yes - I'd been holding off on making the announcement, but I am SF-bound those exact dates - an astonishing coincidence with the Urth-man.  Eager to see you all again!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 01, 2008, 06:40:54 PM »
Met La Annalisa. Also saw her fiancee. I was under the impression she swung the other way and we chatted. She used to and now doesn't. Very nice.

OMFG -- you actually ASKED her about that??  It was supposed to be a secret, wasn't it? You have balls of steel, my dear.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 01, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »
Met La Annalisa. Also saw her fiancee. I was under the impression she swung the other way and we chatted. She used to and now doesn't. Very nice.

OMFG -- you actually ASKED her about that??  It was supposed to be a secret, wasn't it? You have balls of steel, my dear.

yeah...? well, I still find her annoying with regularity. 

So how were folks under that impression that she played for that one team to begin with?  Just curious. 
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 01, 2008, 10:10:08 PM »

So how were folks under that impression that she played for that one team to begin with?  Just curious. 

Without naming names: one of us (not me) chatted with a KFOG staff member at a live appearance some years ago who spilled the beans. But it's never been mentioned on the air, she was never officially "out". So when we heard she was engaged it was a WTF? moment.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 02, 2008, 08:49:29 AM »

Without naming names: one of us (not me) chatted with a KFOG staff member at a live appearance some years ago who spilled the beans. But it's never been mentioned on the air, she was never officially "out". So when we heard she was engaged it was a WTF? moment.

Well I can name the names since it was me talking to Greg about 5 years ago.  Since then I've heard other fogheads (such as at Live & Local mornings) talking about it as if it were their assumption as well.  And I have noticed her dropping some pretty broad hints from time to time - once she said something about 'not needing a man' that was particularly obvious.

I don't dislike her the way Tinka does, but have found her a bit annoying on the air.  However the two times I met her in person (at the now defunct Wingding events) I thought she was actually quite a babe & got a minor crush on her, and the handful of times I've phoned in I thought she was super nice one-on-one.  So I figured it was just as well she was playing for the other team. 

Now I wish I'd tried harder!!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 02, 2008, 09:32:23 AM »

Well I can name the names since it was me talking to Greg about 5 years ago.  Since then I've heard other fogheads (such as at Live & Local mornings) talking about it as if it were their assumption as well.  And I have noticed her dropping some pretty broad hints from time to time - once she said something about 'not needing a man' that was particularly obvious.

I don't dislike her the way Tinka does, but have found her a bit annoying on the air.  However the two times I met her in person (at the now defunct Wingding events) I thought she was actually quite a babe & got a minor crush on her, and the handful of times I've phoned in I thought she was super nice one-on-one.  So I figured it was just as well she was playing for the other team. 

Now I wish I'd tried harder!!

wow, that's good stuff...!   I must say I've never met her in person or spoken to her one-on-one via phone, so my impressions of her are exclusively from her on-air chatter.  Her sing-song delivery has always bugged me, but the thing that sent me over was that one time recently when she used Dire Straits' "Expresso Love" in a My Three Songs about coffee.  I was like, wha...?

To jump from those experiences all the way to dislike would be unfair to her, but I suppose I've REALLY played some of those feelings up and now it's become this "thing."   And in the big scheme of things, there are worse deejays on the airwaves -- the morning crew at the Bone (except for Sullly) are bad for radio (and civilization in general) than Annalisa ever will be, so on the spectrum of who should be allowed on the air in my own version of a fascist utopia, she could have some airtime while Lamont (and to a lesser degree, Tonelli) would be recording engineers for PSAs.   Keep Sully around, his laugh is too infectious.

And I've always thought she was attractive from her photos -- like I wanna run my fingers through her hair and tell her she's phenomenal.  :-*

eta:  btw, I want to attend the get together as well. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 09:41:44 AM by Tinka_Cat »
~CPL593H~