Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1095699 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3300 on: August 14, 2014, 11:39:11 AM »
Have they played anything post-Flaming Pie (1999-present)?

haven't heard anything. I have to assume "Queenie Eye" will pop up, since they played that pretty heavily. I'm also hearing lots of repeats of stuff Renee played this morning, so this is getting a little tired for me.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: August 14, 2014, 11:55:30 AM »
Mmmmm... fish and finger pie!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: August 14, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »

Not that I've heard, but I haven't been listening nonstop. Seems to be about 3 to 1 Beatles tracks to Paul/Wings so far as noticed.

Really enjoying this Joe Jackson cover of Girl that AL is playing for the noontime feature, whatever it's called.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: August 14, 2014, 12:11:55 PM »

Not that I've heard, but I haven't been listening nonstop. Seems to be about 3 to 1 Beatles tracks to Paul/Wings so far as noticed.

Really enjoying this Joe Jackson cover of Girl that AL is playing for the noontime feature, whatever it's called.

And "Hey Jude" for the 2nd time in 3 hours (plus Tommy Smothers intro) sends me to the exits.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: August 14, 2014, 02:51:37 PM »
I heard WHen I'm Sixty-four this morning shortly before 10@10, and then about 2;30 this afternoon as I got back from lunch, so obviously they have a limited list to pull from. However, right now AL is playing You Know My Name (Look Up the Number), so maybe they have a little latitude to pull some deeper stuff, too.
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: August 14, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
I heard WHen I'm Sixty-four this morning shortly before 10@10, and then about 2;30 this afternoon as I got back from lunch, so obviously they have a limited list to pull from. However, right now AL is playing You Know My Name (Look Up the Number), so maybe they have a little latitude to pull some deeper stuff, too.

I normally run screaming from KFOG except for 10 at 10, but I dialed in to hear some of KPaul this morning, and Renée had Richie Unterberg on, he of the Rock-And-Roll-Slideshow-In-A-Public-Library-Basement-Meeting-Room fame.  (I saw him do an Early RnR show at the Page Street liberry once.)

Renée: well, we know you like the Beatles, but what about Paul's solo stuff? do you like Wings?
Richie: No,not really. The only solo Beatles record I think comes close to the spirit of the group is George's "All Things Must Pass."

later some caller asked him what his fave Beatles movie was.  "It's probably no surprise that it's A Hard Day's Night."  agree   :)
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: August 14, 2014, 03:22:06 PM »

Well, it's still corporate radio and you can't do ANYTHING without clearance, and you have to have an explanation for everything you do, and submit it in advance, etc. And so there was probably a core list of the Macca songs that "test well" and those are the ones coming up every 3 hours.

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: August 14, 2014, 04:27:51 PM »

haven't heard anything. I have to assume "Queenie Eye" will pop up, since they played that pretty heavily. I'm also hearing lots of repeats of stuff Renee played this morning, so this is getting a little tired for me.

When I got in my car and tuned in (Webster was on), here's what I heard:

tail end of "The End"
"Can't Buy Me Love"
"Lovely Rita"
commercials
"Back In The U.S.S.R."
"I Saw Her Standing There"
"Another Girl"

The Macca solo hits that have been played since 6AM today:

"Live And Let Die"
"My Brave Face"
"Maybe I'm Amazed"
"Letting Go"
"With A Little Luck"
"My Love"
"Say Say Say"
"Silly Love Songs"
"Helen Wheels"
"Listen To What The Man Said"
"Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey"
"Let 'Em In"
"Ebony And Ivory"
"Junior's Farm"
"No More Lonely Nights"
"Venus And Mars/Rock Show"/"Jet" (from Wings Over America)
"Jet"
"San Francisco Bay Blues"
"Band On The Run"
"With A Little Luck" (repeat)
"Maybe I'm Amazed" (repeat)
"Listen To What The Man Said" (repeat)
"Junior's Farm" (repeat)
"Silly Love Songs" (repeat)
"Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" (repeat)
"Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five"
"My Love" (repeat)
"Ebony And Ivory" (repeat)
"Say Say Say" (repeat)
"Helen Wheels" (repeat)
"Live And Let Die" (repeat)
"Let 'Em In" (repeat)
"Venus And Mars/Rock Show" (repeat)
"Jet" (repeat)
"San Francisco Bay Blues" (repeat)
"Save Us"
"Listen To What The Man Said" (repeat x 2)
"Let Me Roll It"
"My Valentine"
"Nineteen Hundred And Eighty-Five" (repeat)
"Maybe I'm Amazed" (repeat x 2)
"Another Day"
"Here Today"
"New"
"Queenie Eye"
"Everybody Out There"
"Band On The Run" (repeat)
"Live And Let Die" (repeat x 2)
"Hi, Hi, Hi"

Most of the songs are probably from Wingspan; one from Flowers In The Dirt; one from Wings Over America
(looks like the player confused it with the studio track); one from Unplugged: The Offical Bootleg;
two from Band On The Run (excluding "Jet" and "Band On The Run"); four from New;
one from Kisses On The Bottom; and one from Tug Of War.

Nothing from Paul's solo catalog past 1991, FYI...  Hold on, Webster is playing a track from New (as well as Kissses On The Bottom)!

ETA: Is KFOG KPaul taking requests?

ETA2: Starting with "Save Us", Webster is recreating tonight's setlist.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:57:14 PM by CapnJack »
Tuned to a natural E

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: August 14, 2014, 05:28:40 PM »
ETA: Is KFOG KPaul taking requests?

AL played a recording of her taking a call from a Foghead who called in to ask for "I Will" for his father, whose birthday is tomorrow, and who is from Liverpool (or was that his grandmother?), and was surprised with tickets to tonights' show today. She said that "by complete coincidence, she had it cued up to play (Uhhh, yeah, I suppose ) but she did then play it for him. But I suspect that's the exception. Probably not too many other requests getting played. Unless you ask for Hey Jude. :)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: August 14, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »
A friend posted on FB that he got stuck in a 2-hr commute because he didn't know about the Macca concert. I told him he shoulda listened to what the man said.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: August 15, 2014, 08:41:48 AM »
Funny, but the Macca concert seemed to go exactly as predicted: Great music, lots of smoke, and a helluvalotuv traffic issues. There are reasons why the Giants and 49ers wanted to move.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: August 15, 2014, 09:15:28 AM »
Funny, but the Macca concert seemed to go exactly as predicted: Great music, lots of smoke, and a helluvalotuv traffic issues. There are reasons why the Giants and 49ers wanted to move.

I'm reading that one prob was that lots of people w/out tix parked in the lot to tailgate and listen to the show for the price of parking. (what, they don't check tickets at the lot entrance??) So folks who had tix couldn't get in after a certain point. Which totally blows.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: August 15, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »

I'm reading that one prob was that lots of people w/out tix parked in the lot to tailgate and listen to the show for the price of parking. (what, they don't check tickets at the lot entrance??) So folks who had tix couldn't get in after a certain point. Which totally blows.

shoulda biked, bitches

http://blog.sfgate.com/bicycle/2014/08/14/helen-two-wheels-cycling-to-the-paul-mccartney-concert-at-candlestick-park/
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: August 18, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »
ah, "Barely Breathing" has returned to the rotation...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: August 23, 2014, 05:30:23 PM »
Webster posted on FB yesterday looking for suggestions for the 6pm Friday Request Hour. Some woman asked for "Dream of the Blue Turtle"  by "Joe Satrioni". I wonder which song she actually got, if any.