Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1095718 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #3285 on: July 29, 2014, 09:57:25 AM »
Sounds like they reconfigured their clock again -- that just-before-the-top-of-the-hour commercials stop-set has been pushed back to around :49, at least in the pre-10@10 segment.

And this is my first time hearing this new Tom Petty.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:35 AM »
Anyone else here use the Streamtheworld player and having issues with it this morning? It worked fine for me yesterday, but today, the page doesn't seem to be fully loading, so I'm getting nothing. Having to use the player from the KFOG site, which has never been my favorite.
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: August 12, 2014, 01:47:07 PM »
Anyone else here use the Streamtheworld player and having issues with it this morning? It worked fine for me yesterday, but today, the page doesn't seem to be fully loading, so I'm getting nothing. Having to use the player from the KFOG site, which has never been my favorite.

yes, tried Chrome and FF and the stupid popup video launched an overlay panel but the vid itself would not render, and my browser just hung there. Couldn't even reload the page. 

I opened safari *shudder* and that worked, by jove.

EDIT: Oh, you said the streamtheworld player?  No, I was using the player embedded at the bottom of the kfog tunegenie page, here >> kfog.tunegenie.com/#listenlive
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: August 12, 2014, 03:17:31 PM »

yes, tried Chrome and FF and the stupid popup video launched an overlay panel but the vid itself would not render, and my browser just hung there. Couldn't even reload the page. 

I opened safari *shudder* and that worked, by jove.

EDIT: Oh, you said the streamtheworld player?  No, I was using the player embedded at the bottom of the kfog tunegenie page, here >> kfog.tunegenie.com/#listenlive

there's also iHeart...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: August 12, 2014, 07:32:22 PM »
Mentioned this in the 10@10 thread too but apparently KFOG is going All-McCartney all day Thursday to get folks revved up for the concert.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: August 13, 2014, 08:32:10 AM »
Mentioned this in the 10@10 thread too but apparently KFOG is going All-McCartney all day Thursday to get folks revved up for the concert.

Renee said this morning they will be playing Beatle tunes as well but only the Paul-centric ones. 

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: August 14, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »

Renee said this morning they will be playing Beatle tunes as well but only the Paul-centric ones.

so far, "K-Paul" has been very entertaining -- Renee played "My Brave Face" which pretty much made my day.  And not long after we got Wings, "Letting Go", another deep track you rarely hear.

OTOH we also got "Silly Love Songs" but whaddyagonnado? Ritchie Unterberg is on right now talking all things Beatles.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 07:52:39 AM by RGMike »

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: August 14, 2014, 08:32:51 AM »

so far, "K-Paul" has been very entertaining -- Renee played "My Brave Face" which pretty much made my day.  And not long after we got Wings, "Letting Go", another deep track you rarely hear.

OTOH we also got "Silly Love Songs" but whaddyagonnado? Ritchie Unterberg is on right now talking all things Beatles.

I would think that "Silly Love Songs" would be MN (when was the last time it appeared on 10@10?). Also we need to hear "No More Lonely Nights"... actually the fact that KFOG could go no-repeat on this concept all day is saying quite a bit.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: August 14, 2014, 08:48:55 AM »

I would think that "Silly Love Songs" would be MN (when was the last time it appeared on 10@10?). Also we need to hear "No More Lonely Nights"... actually the fact that KFOG could go no-repeat on this concept all day is saying quite a bit.

Well, "SLS" is LN for me personally -- one I never need hear again. And now we're hearing (surprise!) "Hey Jude". 

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: August 14, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »

Well, "SLS" is LN for me personally -- one I never need hear again. And now we're hearing (surprise!) "Hey Jude".

and now it's "Hello Goodbye" for the 2nd time in less than 3 hours -- not an encouraging sign.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: August 14, 2014, 09:36:56 AM »
gotta take the bad with the good: "Ebony & Ivory" followed by "All Together Now"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: August 14, 2014, 09:51:56 AM »
OMFG: "Junior's Farm", followed by "No More Lonely Nights"!!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: August 14, 2014, 09:59:41 AM »

It just played (No More Lonely Nights, that is). Hope you were listening? Does David Gilmour play on that track? The solo sounds like it was lifted from a Pink Floyd record.

Did anyone else notice that when she played Ebony and Ivory, she didn't pot up the levels until about two minutes in, so half the song was vewy vewy quiet...

Bummed I missed My Brave Face, but hoping for Circle of Eight later on. 
Let's get right to it.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: August 14, 2014, 10:23:52 AM »
Does David Gilmour play on that track?

Yes
Slipping into something
And out of something else

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: August 14, 2014, 10:56:25 AM »
Have they played anything post-Flaming Pie (1999-present)?
Tuned to a natural E