Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1078716 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2005, 09:39:09 AM »
Quote from: "Beej"
this week on New Releases Thurs: a band called Assembly of Dust.

Didn't they used to be Jars of Clay?

No, that was Puddle of Mudd.  :D

RIMSHOT!  He'll be here all week...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 08:59:49 AM »
they're continuing the discussion of "best Albums of the '80s" -- Renee nominated Styx, Paradise Theater (!) and Dave actually subjected us to "Best of Times". Good lawd.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2005, 08:45:38 AM »
The Coldplay clones (Cloneplay?) continue:

Dave Benson (subbing for Haley Jones) brought us Embrace, who apparently debuted at #1 on the UK chart with their latest. They actually have been around longer than Coldplay but are just now making it big. But they have that same damn sound.

Yesterday they read a hilarious email from a Foghead complaining that the preponderance of Coldplay-like bands (Keane, Snow Patrol, etc etc)was driving her crazy. She also (bless her heart) said that Train made her want "to stick pencils in her ears". LOL!

Of course, the morning crew totally dissed her.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2005, 09:51:45 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
The Coldplay clones (Cloneplay?) continue:

Dave Benson (subbing for Haley Jones) brought us Embrace, who apparently debuted at #1 on the UK chart with their latest. They actually have been around longer than Coldplay but are just now making it big. But they have that same damn sound.

Yesterday they read a hilarious email from a Foghead complaining that the preponderance of Coldplay-like bands (Keane, Snow Patrol, etc etc)was driving her crazy. She also (bless her heart) said that Train made her want "to stick pencils in her ears". LOL!

Of course, the morning crew totally dissed her.

Chris Martin of Coldplay wrote Embrace's big U.K. hit, "Gravity," so the similarity is unsurprising.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2005, 09:36:35 AM »
I'm liking this Green Day track KFOG has just added, "When September Ends". Guess I need to buy American Idiot.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2005, 09:51:50 AM »
Dave Benson (subbing for Haley Jones)

btw, Benson is the PD, and Haley is gone, so KFOG's MD position is currently vacant.

Haley's last day at KFOG was a couple weeks ago, then she roadtripped across the US.  She is on the Bonaroo payroll this week, and then she's going to Spain indefinitely.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2005, 09:52:26 AM »
Guess I need to buy American Idiot.

Yes, you all do.  Right Gaz?

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2005, 09:56:59 AM »
The morning show has been a little different this morning, in that Irish Greg is still on the AIDS ride, and Renee is off to Tennessee for Bonaroo, so it's just Dave and Peter.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
sounds good to me!
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2005, 10:40:47 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
The morning show has been a little different this morning, in that Irish Greg is still on the AIDS ride, and Renee is off to Tennessee for Bonaroo, so it's just Dave and Peter.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2005, 09:15:30 AM »
Today's (6/13) Pop Quiz: "famous Daves". The clue was, "Partridge Family lead singer". The Foghead's answer was: "Davy Jones".  

No wonder oldies radio is dying...

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2005, 09:28:56 AM »
Today's (6/13) Pop Quiz: "famous Daves". The clue was, "Partridge Family lead singer". The Foghead's answer was: "Davy Jones".  

I'm slowly realizing that the '80s are the oldies to the current generation of radio listeners, and the '60s are to them what the '50s were to me (i.e., something so far removed from experience and perceived relevance as to be expendable from playlists).  It's a sad realization but a necessary one for me.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 09:33:11 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

I'm slowly realizing that the '80s are the oldies to the current generation of radio listeners, and the '60s are to them what the '50s were to me (i.e., something so far removed from experience and perceived relevance as to be expendable from playlists).  It's a sad realization but a necessary one for me.

True in general, but not for Fogheads.  The Foghead demo is exactly Me & Ali & Beej up to Mike & Geoff.  That was just pure cluelessness on the Pop Quiz.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 09:46:01 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Quote from: "Gazoo"

True in general, but not for Fogheads.  The Foghead demo is exactly Me & Ali & Beej up to Mike & Geoff.  That was just pure cluelessness on the Pop Quiz.

KFOG, like the Bay Area generally, is a unique bubble apart from the "real world".  This has to do with the fact that it has been around for 20+ years and (for the most part) tries to please older, loyal listeners as well as "the kids".  Compare it to "The Peak" which has a similar format, yet which is much more obviously aimed at a younger demo.

Whether new owners a year or 2 from now are willing to leave KFOG alone is another question.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 09:07:56 AM »
Fogheads are stupid, part XXXVIII: Dave's "mini-My 3 Songs" for DMB tix -- three songs about fathers, it could not BE easier, folks -- is having trouble getting people to call in, much less give the right answer.  Who ARE these people who call themselves Fogheads?

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 09:42:13 AM »
Fogheads are stupid, part XXXVIII: Dave's "mini-My 3 Songs" for DMB tix -- three songs about fathers, it could not BE easier, folks -- is having trouble getting people to call in, much less give the right answer.  Who ARE these people who call themselves Fogheads?

Perhaps that speaks as much to the intellect of DMB fans as it does to that of Fogheads. I'm just sayin....
Let's get right to it.