Author Topic: The Facebook Thread  (Read 69963 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Facebook Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2010, 07:59:27 AM »
this warning is real (no joke):

Do NOT go into, or open, the group "We're against the $4.99/mth charge for Facebook beginning June 30th, 2010." The group has a VIRUS in its link. This Malware Virus will try to hijack your computer. Per Snopes.com, FB is NOT planning to charge, AND the virus IS real.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2010, 12:21:24 PM »
Just noticed that on the KFOG fan page on FB, there's some guy named "Jose" who, among other things, keeps going on about how great Dave was, and how he misses him "A LOT!"  It almost has to be that Jose, don't ya think?

http://www.facebook.com/KFOGfm?v=feed&story_fbid=274639279042
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2010, 12:44:29 PM »
Just noticed that on the KFOG fan page on FB, there's some guy named "Jose" who, among other things, keeps going on about how great Dave was, and how he misses him "A LOT!"  It almost has to be that Jose, don't ya think?

Bwahaha!  Has to be!

Love the comments in that 10@10 thread there (besides yours)...

"ok kfog... if you play 21 guns... i change it to the band! terrible song!"

"this new Train song is so annoying, I wish AnnaLisa would play more 10@10 instead"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »
And thanks urth for alerting me to this Facebook group -- become a fan!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-can-find-1000000-people-who-DO-believe-in-Evolution-before-June/252759483743?ref=pymk&v=wall

so far the evolutionists are beating the creationists nearly 4-to-1

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2010, 02:21:07 PM »

so far the evolutionists are beating the creationists nearly 4-to-1

Thank God!

;)
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2010, 03:40:20 PM »

Bwahaha!  Has to be!

Love the comments in that 10@10 thread there (besides yours)...

"ok kfog... if you play 21 guns... i change it to the band! terrible song!"

"this new Train song is so annoying, I wish AnnaLisa would play more 10@10 instead"

still more great comments on that 10@10 thread on the KFOG FB page. Fogheads are nearly as vicious as Soundheads. Oh, and apparently they played "21 Guns" again about 15 mins ago  ;)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »

to no one's surprise, Jose voted BOS to "In the Navy" today.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2010, 12:07:21 PM »
Question for urth, geoff and Alicat: have you been Facebook-friend-requested by "Scott Fisher"?  He's a FB-friend of KFOG's page -- he tried to friend me (I guess because I've posted comments there during 10@10) and I ignored him because I no longer "friend" people I don't already know and like.  But he has a fairly creepy profile picture right now and he seems to be one of those less-than-knowlegable Fogheads (he thought "Mighty Quinn" was sung by Donovan this morning). Jus' sayin'. Beware.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2010, 03:03:17 PM »
Question for urth, geoff and Alicat: have you been Facebook-friend-requested by "Scott Fisher"?  He's a FB-friend of KFOG's page -- he tried to friend me (I guess because I've posted comments there during 10@10) and I ignored him because I no longer "friend" people I don't already know and like.  But he has a fairly creepy profile picture right now and he seems to be one of those less-than-knowlegable Fogheads (he thought "Mighty Quinn" was sung by Donovan this morning). Jus' sayin'. Beware.

I haven't, but I noticed he seemed to respond pretty regularly and (repeatedly) to anything KFOG posts on their fan page, and he seems to be one of those who thinks anything on KFOG is the BEST THING EVER. So he was already on my radar. But glad to know I'm not being paranoid about getting "creep" vibes from him.

ETA: And that was before I saw the profile pic you're referring to. Ick.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2010, 03:17:18 PM »
I noticed he seemed to respond pretty regularly and (repeatedly) to anything KFOG posts on their fan page, and he seems to be one of those who thinks anything on KFOG is the BEST THING EVER.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 11:23:09 PM »
AL has created a 10@10 Facebook page to encourage real-time chat about the set as it's going on, encourage BOS voting, etc. Link is here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100000961297535&ref=nf

I sent invites to everyone here that I'm FB friends with--I think, apologies if I missed anyone. But if there's someone here I'm not pals with, go ahead and join via the link above.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2010, 10:28:29 AM »
Facebook Follies:

1) our work PCs now have a buffer that shows us a warning page when we try to go to FB: "social networking sites sometime have viruses, are you sure you want to go there, yadda yadda".

2) FB itself made me go thru a security thingy ("type these words in the box") before I could post a comment in a thread I myself started!   But the box wouldn't let me put my cursor there so I couldn't type the damn words. WTF??

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
2) FB itself made me go thru a security thingy ("type these words in the box") before I could post a comment in a thread I myself started!   But the box wouldn't let me put my cursor there so I couldn't type the damn words. WTF??

Did you just try to start typing? I've run into a few of those things, sometimes the cursor automatically appears when you start entering text.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:37 AM »

Did you just try to start typing? I've run into a few of those things, sometimes the cursor automatically appears when you start entering text.

nope -- it was clearly their glitch. seems to have resolved itself in the last half-hour. But seriously: a security check to comment in your own thread?