Author Topic: An easy M3S  (Read 36930 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: An easy M3S
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
almost forgot this was unanswered...

Warwick Davis was the titular character in Willow, and all four songs mention willows in the lyrics.

Davis is best known these days as Professor Flitwick in the Harry Potter series, but he was also the titular character in all four (egregiously bad) Leprechaun movies.  The first of which I saw in Taiwan in 1993, and it featured the film debut of one Jennifer Aniston.

Hell, I can't even figure out your hints! 

Loves me one Jennifer Aniston though. 
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 03:51:06 PM »

Hell, I can't even figure out your hints! 

Loves me one Jennifer Aniston though. 

That hint was deliberately more obscure than the question itself.  But hey, if you knew it, it would've been a giveaway.  (and I woulda been hella impressed!)  And as you noticed, it opened the door for more interesting trivia.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »
I put this one up in Monday's set (which contained the Cars song), but no one tried it.  I think it's a pretty good one actually.

Cars - Drive
Beatles (Yay!) - Something
Heart - These Dreams

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
I put this one up in Monday's set (which contained the Cars song), but no one tried it.  I think it's a pretty good one actually.

Cars - Drive
Heart - These Dreams

The only thing I can come up with is that they all are structured as two long lines, then two short lines, then one more long line.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2009, 03:41:46 PM »

Cars - Drive
Heart - These Dreams

The only thing I can come up with is that they all are structured as two long lines, then two short lines, then one more long line.

I'm cheating (looking up lyrics) but I can't come up w anything!  is it in the lyrics?
~CPL593H~

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2009, 09:41:08 PM »
Cars - Drive
Heart - These Dreams
Each was a hit sung by someone other than the group's usual lead singer?

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 07:25:58 AM »

Cars - Drive
Heart - These Dreams

I thought I had it:

Cars - Drive - album is Heartbeart City
Heart - These Dreams album is Heart

... but Beatles (Yay!) - Something is from Abbey Road, not Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band.
~CPL593H~

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 08:48:05 AM »
Cars - Drive
Heart - These Dreams

Good observation, but I think the Cars' early singles were a roughly even split between Orr and Ocasek.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 11:22:05 AM »

Yes, not just a hit, but arguably their biggest - for the Cars it was their highest charter, for Heart it was their first #1, and for the Beatles it has been their most covered.  Both Sinatra & Elvis covered it!

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 12:12:18 PM »

Yes, not just a hit, but arguably their biggest - for the Cars it was their highest charter, for Heart it was their first #1, and for the Beatles it has been their most covered.  Both Sinatra & Elvis covered it!

If I remember correctly the same applies to .38 Special, too, for most of their hits. Donnie Van Zant was nominally their lead singer, but most if not all of their hits were sung by Don Barnes, one of their guitarists.
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »

Cars - Drive
Heart - These Dreams

OMG - you are such a nerd! :) Even though now I can easily conjure up each of the three first verses, I would have never thought of that. So the "doo-doodle-do-do-dooo" counts as a long line? ;)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »

Just realized that you could add Kiss's "Beth" to this list.  I can't think of any others offhand, unless Squeeze (Paul Carrack on "Tempted" guest vox) counts.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2009, 03:38:21 AM »

Yes, not just a hit, but arguably their biggest - for the Cars it was their highest charter, for Heart it was their first #1, and for the Beatles it has been their most covered.  Both Sinatra & Elvis covered it!

Just realized that you could add Kiss's "Beth" to this list.  I can't think of any others offhand, unless Squeeze (Paul Carrack on "Tempted" guest vox) counts.

"Bridge Over Troubled Water"?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2009, 05:16:41 AM »

Yes, not just a hit, but arguably their biggest - for the Cars it was their highest charter, for Heart it was their first #1, and for the Beatles it has been their most covered.  Both Sinatra & Elvis covered it!

"Bridge Over Troubled Water"?

Ooh, good one!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 07:40:50 AM »
a "M3S" they did this morning:

"Call Me" Blondie
"Talk About the Passion" REM
"Psycho Killer" T.Heads
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round