Author Topic: Yet another 10@10: "The Peak"  (Read 80495 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Yet another 10@10: "The Peak"
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 07:12:33 AM »
our third 1980 set of the week, and "Call Me" finally appears.  Ooo! "Tattooed Love Boys"! BOS so far.

"I shot my mouth off and you showed me what that hole was for!"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 07:16:13 AM »
OMG!  "Tired of Toein' the Line"!! New BOS!!!

What a fab pop single. Dave should really play this one some day.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2005, 07:19:44 AM »
"that's right, that's right... we bad!"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2005, 07:37:28 AM »
AC/DC "You Shook Me..." BOS3.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2005, 07:39:45 AM »
our 2nd repeater (he played the Police earlier): "Switchin' to Glide".  I'm much impressed. A fine, diverse set, and anybody who remembers Rocky Burnette is OK in my book.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2005, 07:53:13 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Well, I'm here to get Peaked. It's 1980 today.  Which apparently is as far back as they go.  That's gotta mean serious Katrina-ism over the long haul , no?

Appropriately, we start with "I Can't Remember" (their target demo was barely born on '80 -- LOL!).

I missed the set -- busy today -- but if 1980 is as early as they go, what's their most  recent?  The repetition level must be obscene.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2005, 08:05:47 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Well, I'm here to get Peaked. It's 1980 today.  Which apparently is as far back as they go.  That's gotta mean serious Katrina-ism over the long haul , no?

Appropriately, we start with "I Can't Remember" (their target demo was barely born on '80 -- LOL!).

I missed the set -- busy today -- but if 1980 is as early as they go, what's their most  recent?  The repetition level must be obscene.

The jock before Mr Arrow referred to 10@10 as "10 great songs from one great year in the '80s", and since all the sets I know about this week were '80s, I'm assuming thats where they're centered. And yes, that would mean hitting every year twice a month.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 08:33:26 AM »

The jock before Mr Arrow referred to 10@10 as "10 great songs from one great year in the '80s", and since all the sets I know about this week were '80s, I'm assuming thats where they're centered. And yes, that would mean hitting every year twice a month.

Well that does't have to be so bad as long as (unlike Dave), they keep a database & actually refer to it before putting the sets together.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 08:41:25 AM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

Well that doesn't have to be so bad as long as (unlike Dave), they keep a database & actually refer to it before putting the sets together.

Oh I'm SURE Dave has a database. He just willfully ignores it when he's feeling obstinate.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 07:44:39 AM »
Today's set featured another visit to "No New Tale to Tell."
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 09:04:30 AM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

Well that doesn't have to be so bad as long as (unlike Dave), they keep a database & actually refer to it before putting the sets together.

Oh I'm SURE Dave has a database. He just willfully ignores it when he's feeling obstinate.

Remember last year when I had a long chat with Irish Greg at a SJ supermarket where I was one of about 4 Fogheads to show up for their promo?  And he told me that someone had sent Dave a 5 year spreadsheet of 10@10 songs?  And when I asked him the next day to forward it to us & he said Dave had deleted it?  Remember that?  Greg strongly implied that keeping databases is NOT the way Dave works.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 09:09:37 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Remember last year when I had a long chat with Irish Greg at a SJ supermarket where I was one of about 4 Fogheads to show up for their promo?  And he told me that someone had sent Dave a 5 year spreadsheet of 10@10 songs?  And when I asked him the next day to forward it to us & he said Dave had deleted it?  Remember that?  Greg strongly implied that keeping databases is NOT the way Dave works.

which makes it very convenient for Dave to say "we don't play songs over and over."  In politics that's called "deniability" :roll:

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2005, 07:13:22 AM »
Today's 10@10EST goes all the way back to the '70s!  So far I've heard "Rock 'N Me" and "The First Cut Is the Deepest" (Rod's version).

EDIT: It's 1976!  And they're playing "Coyote"!  This one's for you, VWP.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 07:39:04 AM »
Today's 10@10EST goes all the way back to the '70s!  So far I've heard "Rock 'N Me" and "The First Cut Is the Deepest" (Rod's version).

I'm impressed to hear they go back further than '80.  I look forward to Friday's set, whatever it is.

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005, 09:22:08 AM »

I didn't get to listen to much of The Bone's A-Z, but they played "Rock 'N Me" in the wrong spot, as if it were spelled "Rockin' Me".  I'm sure Gaz & Urth share this peeve.

I did get to hear one thing that massivley surprised me: BOC's "Cities On Flame with Rock & Roll"

Does The Peak's 10@10 repeat in the evening?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010