Author Topic: KHUM/CG/KPOO/etcetcetc for the week of 2/5/07  (Read 8386 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
KHUM/CG/KPOO/etcetcetc for the week of 2/5/07
« on: February 05, 2007, 12:38:03 PM »
Judge, spinnin' a cover of Sly's Thank You by what sounds like Gladys and the Pips--yep Judge just confirmed it in the backsell. And now the Bar-kays' America (Do you see what I see?).
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KHUM/CG/KPOO/etcetcetc for the week of 2/5/07
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:38:27 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Judge, spinnin' a cover of Sly's Thank You by what sounds like Gladys and the Pips--yep Judge just confirmed it in the backsell. And now the Bar-kays' America (Do you see what I see?).

I'm so bummed to be without KPOO. I've emailed them twice about their non-playing player and no reply.  Urth, is yours any different in appearance than it used to be? do you have that black rectangular box under the picture of the radio?  It's really weird that I'm the only one with a problem.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 02:24:23 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

I'm so bummed to be without KPOO. I've emailed them twice about their non-playing player and no reply.  Urth, is yours any different in appearance than it used to be? do you have that black rectangular box under the picture of the radio?  It's really weird that I'm the only one with a problem.

Yep, everything appears the same, but I do have the black rectangle below the radio--I assume that's for an ad or promo of some sort if they decide to run one.

Too bad KPOO is such a shoestring kind of operation. I suspect they don't have a particularly large (or full-time) tech department to deal with things of this sort.

BTW, Judge just started off a particularly scratchy version of the original Maggot Brain. Sounds like the maggots have been working extra hard on this one!
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 03:38:44 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Yep, everything appears the same, but I do have the black rectangle below the radio--I assume that's for an ad or promo of some sort if they decide to run one.

Too bad KPOO is such a shoestring kind of operation. I suspect they don't have a particularly large (or full-time) tech department to deal with things of this sort.

BTW, Judge just started off a particularly scratchy version of the original Maggot Brain. Sounds like the maggots have been working extra hard on this one!

The tortured vinyl-fest continues. Judge has been playing an Isaac Hayes retrospective that sounds like he ate breakfast on the discs before putting them on the turntable. Close to You, and Never Can Say Goodbye, two of the ones I can recall.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 03:43:23 PM »
The tortured vinyl-fest continues. Judge has been playing an Isaac Hayes retrospective that sounds like he ate breakfast on the discs before putting them on the turntable. Close to You, and Never Can Say Goodbye, two of the ones I can recall.

the ever-opoular totured-vinyl-fest effect! LOL!

I do loves me some pre-Thetan Isaac Hayes.  But I'm settling for Darlene Love's "He's Sure the Boy I Love" on 'LNG.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 12:50:35 PM »
'CDX-ing for a while before I break out the GrassRoots and Hollies CDs I just got.

Naughty Melanie plays with her, um, key. And now the Outlaws -- "Green Grass and High Tides" Forever!

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 01:05:19 PM »
his mother had told him a trip was a fall
and don't mention babies at all...

One of my fave BufSpringfield tunes.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »
CDEX plays Todd/Utopia, "Hammer in my Heart".

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 11:52:08 AM »
Stumbled upon KSPA ("The Spa"), one of those Adult Standards stations that tries to be hip and relevant by throwing in Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Michael Buble.  Just heard a track from an apparently current Andy Williams CD (!), guess he sells 'em to the patrons of his theater in Branson, MO.  It was Mr W covering Smokey Robinson's late-'80s hit "Just To See Her" and I swear it took me more than half the song to realize it was indeed Andy Williams...  he sounds THAT old.  Or like maybe he's had a throat operation or something.  Kinda creepy and sad.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 07:58:01 AM »
according to a posting on the NY Radio Message Board:

"VIP Radio is being restructured and is not airing any new programming at this time"

Guess "Good Times (don't) Last Forever".   :cry:

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 08:09:03 AM »
In lieu of the Drive (backdoor not working today), I'm on KOMY, and it's been fab: Joe Tex, "Show Me" and Friend & Lover, "Reach Out in the Darkness" Ah think it's SO groovy now...

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 11:55:10 AM »
Some Gazzian sunshine pop (literally): "Come to the Sunshine" by Harper's Bizarre, on KOMY.  They seem to have refreshed the playlist; they've been quite good today.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 01:03:24 PM »
incense and peppermints, meaningless nouns.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 01:49:26 PM »
Carrie-Anne's playing with older boys and prefects again. What's the attraction?

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 03:57:35 PM »
KOMY closes my day with Mercy's lovely "Love (Can Make You Happy)".