Author Topic: 26 Feb 2015: it's... another classic from 1971  (Read 9703 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 26 Feb 2015: it's... another classic from 1971
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
and (again just IMHO, maybe hoping to stir some controversy?) we go from two of the most underrated Who & Yes songs to probably the most overrated Zep song.

Personally, I think "Kashmir" is the most overrated Zep song.  But I get your point on Rock and Roll.

Anyway, this is a great set.

I dunno, the members are pretty much all on record that they think "Kashmir" was their best work, and they think "Stairway To Heaven" was actually over rated. 

But as my dad always told me, 'de gustibus non disputandem est' - i.e. there's no arguing for taste, i.i.e.e. to each his own.
I like Kashmir, but always felt the main guitar riff was semi-lifted from Captain Beefheart.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 08:52:40 AM »
... and Levee...?  fugheddabouddit

ABOSLUTELY my fave Zep song.  And it is apparently a cover a blues number from like 1929 or something ridiculous like that.

FYI: The Peak did  Feb 1972 today (Friday) and played "...Levee..." as well as Jerry's "The Wheel" and an uber-rarity by local NYC fave David Bromberg.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 09:31:15 AM »

ABOSLUTELY my fave Zep song.  And it is apparently a cover a blues number from like 1929 or something ridiculous like that.

FYI: The Peak did  Feb 1972 today (Friday) and played "...Levee..." as well as Jerry's "The Wheel" and an uber-rarity by local NYC fave David Bromberg.

What was the Bromberg song?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 10:26:57 AM »

What was the Bromberg song?

"The Holdup"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round