Author Topic: Music on TV  (Read 226920 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Music on TV
« Reply #720 on: February 15, 2011, 07:39:09 AM »
Most amusing moment for me, Grammy-wise was AL gushing about Muse on FB... when KFOG doesn't actuallly, y'know, play them.
THIS may have been the Grammy moment (knowing that she's supposedly alright now); an L.A. TV news reporter last night at the Grammys got tongue-tied on-air, rambled incoherently. Article includes video clip:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/02/la-reporter-serene-branson-feeling-fine-after-on-air-problem/1
I saw this on your FB page.  It's weird how she's rambling on, like maybe she's verbally drunk but still has complete motor control.  The paramedics checked her vitals last night and she got a ride home that night from a friend, but I see she was admitted to a hospital today. No word on whether they found anything amiss.  Hope she's ok.
“I am a little surprised (they didn't admit her last night),” Dr. John Krakauer, associate professor of neurology and neuroscience at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, told CBS News. “Frankly, I would have admitted her.”
Dr. Krakauer, who is not involved in Branson’s care, said that Branson might have suffered a transient ischemic attack (TIA), a sort of “mini-stroke” that causes only transient problems. Some patients who are seen at a hospital for a TIA are allowed to go home without being admitted, he said.
He said it was also possible that Branson had suffered a seizure or experienced a rare condition associated with migraine headaches.

Perhaps it was more serious than when first reported.  Initially it seemed to be a case of nerves, but if neurological, then of course we hope she gets proper diagnosis and care.
I'm no neurosurgeon, but this doesn't look good.  I'm surprised the videos are still being shown.

A FB-friend of mine, a former ABC co-worker who is a trained nurse AND a TV news anchor (!) called it immediately -- "don't mock this woman, it looks to me like there's a neurological problem here"  -- and I guess he was right.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 15, 2011, 09:05:24 AM »
Is the kind of stuff she was doing par for the course in current pop culture?

In a word: Yes.  Be thankful that neither Ke$ha nor Nicki Minaj performed.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 15, 2011, 09:11:42 AM »

hee hee.

BTW, latest song to annoy me on 92.7 The Rev is that "ah'd jump in front of a train fo' ya" thing -- turns out its the celebrated Bruno Mars.  ::)

OTOH, I heard a balllad that struck me as pretty decent, something that included the line "you're gonna catch a cold from the ice in your heart", or somesuch.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 15, 2011, 09:42:07 AM »

Ke$ha was on the Dick Clark NYE show and she and her stage back-up minions did some silly thing with a rabbit piñata.  She was pretty bad, didn't sound good.  Ryan Seacrest back-announced it by saying "....THAT was interesting.  Now sure why they hate the Easter Bunny."  I was ROTFLOL'ing.

Nicki Minaj was on SNL a couple weeks back.  She is built!
~CPL593H~

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 15, 2011, 10:25:41 AM »
OTOH, I heard a balllad that struck me as pretty decent, something that included the line "you're gonna catch a cold from the ice in your heart", or somesuch.

I think that's Christina Perri's "Jar of Hearts" - did I not send you my Best of 2010 mix?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 16, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »
this just in from the FB Rush page:

"If you watch tonight's episode of Criminal Minds, you'll hear Rush's Closer To The Heart"

you're welcome!
~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 16, 2011, 03:49:05 PM »

"If you watch tonight's episode of Criminal Minds, you'll hear Rush's Closer To The Heart"

you're welcome!
AL just played New World Man on 33 1/3, TC.   :)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 16, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »

you're welcome!
AL just played New World Man on 33 1/3, TC.   :)

impressive, both that she played it, and you heard it!  ;)
~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 17, 2011, 04:24:19 PM »

you're welcome!
AL just played New World Man on 33 1/3, TC.   :)

impressive, both that she played it, and you heard it!  ;)

Rush RULES!!!!  ;) :D ;) :D
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 18, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
Most amusing moment for me, Grammy-wise was AL gushing about Muse on FB... when KFOG doesn't actuallly, y'know, play them.
THIS may have been the Grammy moment (knowing that she's supposedly alright now); an L.A. TV news reporter last night at the Grammys got tongue-tied on-air, rambled incoherently. Article includes video clip:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/02/la-reporter-serene-branson-feeling-fine-after-on-air-problem/1
I saw this on your FB page.  It's weird how she's rambling on, like maybe she's verbally drunk but still has complete motor control.  The paramedics checked her vitals last night and she got a ride home that night from a friend, but I see she was admitted to a hospital today. No word on whether they found anything amiss.  Hope she's ok.
“I am a little surprised (they didn't admit her last night),” Dr. John Krakauer, associate professor of neurology and neuroscience at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, told CBS News. “Frankly, I would have admitted her.”
Dr. Krakauer, who is not involved in Branson’s care, said that Branson might have suffered a transient ischemic attack (TIA), a sort of “mini-stroke” that causes only transient problems. Some patients who are seen at a hospital for a TIA are allowed to go home without being admitted, he said.
He said it was also possible that Branson had suffered a seizure or experienced a rare condition associated with migraine headaches.

Perhaps it was more serious than when first reported.  Initially it seemed to be a case of nerves, but if neurological, then of course we hope she gets proper diagnosis and care.
I'm no neurosurgeon, but this doesn't look good.  I'm surprised the videos are still being shown.

TV reporter speaks about speech problem at Grammys

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/02/18/state/n002227S71.DTL

(seems to have been a migraine-related event)
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 04, 2011, 07:51:07 AM »
gaz will be interested to know that the S&G special discussed last nite is avail on DVD:

http://www.thevideobeat.com/music-documentaries/simon-garfunkel-america-1969.html

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 05, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
Lady T on a 1980 Soul Train ep, doing "I Need Your Lovin'".

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 02, 2011, 12:59:37 PM »
As if you didn't already have enuf reasons to avoid the Kid's Choice Awards on Nickedlodeon tonite: Train will be performing "Hey 'Ho Blistah". Talk about a band that deserves to be slimed!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 06, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »
Jeff Beck will be a guest performer on American Idol on Thurs, April 7.  Beck, a RRHOF member both on his own and as a member of the Yardbirds, will accompany each of the aspiring singers on guitar. The Top 9 finalists will be choosing songs from RRHOF inductees.  Beck will also be the musical guest on NBC's The Tonight Show later the same evening. - USA Today

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »
Jeff Beck will be a guest performer on American Idol on Thurs, April 7.  Beck, a RRHOF member both on his own and as a member of the Yardbirds, will accompany each of the aspiring singers on guitar. The Top 9 finalists will be choosing songs from RRHOF inductees.  Beck will also be the musical guest on NBC's The Tonight Show later the same evening. - USA Today

Iggy made an appaearance too. I dunno whether to laugh or cry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSQwE86d1f4&feature=share

The comments are quite, um, interesting...