Author Topic: Monday July 25-it's...1981  (Read 13835 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Monday July 25-it's...1981
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2005, 10:06:52 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
I should add a couple of names to my name-drop trivia list: Fab 5 Freddy & (Grandmaster) Flash.

Fab 5 Freddy also shows up in MC Hammer's quasi-cover of "Have You Seen Her" (he got name-dropped 'cuz "Yo! MTV Raps" had revitalized his visibility several notches).  (Cue the Eugene Record homage.)

Coincidentally enough, the CD I brought with me to work today was a Grandmaster Flash remix collection.  Higher, baby!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Monday July 25-it's...1981
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2005, 10:15:15 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "mshray"
I should add a couple of names to my name-drop trivia list: Fab 5 Freddy & (Grandmaster) Flash.

Fab 5 Freddy also shows up in MC Hammer's quasi-cover of "Have You Seen Her" (he got name-dropped 'cuz "Yo! MTV Raps" had revitalized his visibility several notches).  (Cue the Eugene Record homage.)

Coincidentally enough, the CD I brought with me to work today was a Grandmaster Flash remix collection.  Higher, baby!

And of course the opening act we saw at the Robert Plant show last week was the guy who played guitar on all those early Sugarhill rap singles, including "White Lines". There ARE no coincidences.

BTW, belated VHM to the Undertones, featuring the inimitable vocals of Feargal Sharkey, who nobody mentioned this morning.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round