Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 274990 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2007, 10:10:05 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "Gazoo"
I freaking HATE rainy days.  Especially when they're Mondays.  ESPECIALLY when my schizophrenic upstairs neighbor leaves his aggressive dog outside in the storm and I have to call the ASPCA to do something about it (it's not safe to confront either him or his dog).

This week is off to a bad start.

Ick. I would totally get behind a movement to license, not dogs, but dog owners.

We went by the SF Animal Care and Control yesterday afternoon to drop off some stuff (not animals!) and looked in on the pets they had up for adoption. While I was encouraged by the relatively small number of dogs they had (compared to when I was in there a year or so ago) I was dismayed how many of those they did have were pit bulls or pit mixes. I know some people love those dogs, but I've heard too many horror stories about them turning on their owners--or the owner's kids. They scare me.

I read recently that pits and pit mixes now comprise something like 30% of Animal Control dropoffs -- clear and dreadful evidence of breeding for dogfighting.  The practitioners of that horrific "sport" will have a lot to answer for in their next lives.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2007, 10:11:26 AM »
I freaking HATE rainy days.  Especially when they're Mondays.  ESPECIALLY when my schizophrenic upstairs neighbor leaves his aggressive dog outside in the storm and I have to call the ASPCA to do something about it (it's not safe to confront either him or his dog).

This week is off to a bad start.

Ick. I would totally get behind a movement to license, not dogs, but dog owners.

We went by the SF Animal Care and Control yesterday afternoon to drop off some stuff (not animals!) and looked in on the pets they had up for adoption. While I was encouraged by the relatively small number of dogs they had (compared to when I was in there a year or so ago) I was dismayed how many of those they did have were pit bulls or pit mixes. I know some people love those dogs, but I've heard too many horror stories about them turning on their owners--or the owner's kids. They scare me.

Well, y'know, Michael Vick's been too busy lately to put anymore pit bulls "to sleep".

I want him to go to prison for a good long time...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2007, 02:49:09 PM »
Anyone else lose power here in SF? Ours blipped on and off half a dozen times in about half an hour, now it's been on for the past 20 minutes or so, but lots of people lost work. Grrrr.

(Mike count your blessings you're working in Oaktown now.)
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »
Anyone else lose power here in SF? Ours blipped on and off half a dozen times in about half an hour, now it's been on for the past 20 minutes or so, but lots of people lost work. Grrrr.

20,000 folks (give or take) are in your boat:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/24/BAG9NR67253.DTL&tsp=1

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2007, 03:42:50 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

barcelona, too:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1103AP_Spain_Barcelona_Blackout.html

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2007, 07:57:32 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"

barcelona, too:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1103AP_Spain_Barcelona_Blackout.html

Coincidence? I think not!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2007, 01:20:08 PM »
So the IT guys came to attempt to fix a database prob -- an hour and 45 mins I'll never get back, and the prob still ain't fixed. Meanwhile, they apparently activated a "bug" that makes it impossible to open a second Explorer screen from a link on website (all you get is a blank screen). So I can't listen to KFOG (or the Drive, or KBCO etc) thru their player(s). I can only use the direct WMP links on the 10@10 Club menu, and we don't have those for every station.  Ah, technology...

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2007, 07:54:28 AM »
So the IT guys came to attempt to fix a database prob -- an hour and 45 mins I'll never get back, and the prob still ain't fixed. Meanwhile, they apparently activated a "bug" that makes it impossible to open a second Explorer screen from a link on website (all you get is a blank screen). So I can't listen to KFOG (or the Drive, or KBCO etc) thru their player(s). I can only use the direct WMP links on the 10@10 Club menu, and we don't have those for every station.  Ah, technology...

F**k Explorer.  Are you allowed to download Firefox?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Listening links
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2007, 08:36:46 AM »

You should be able to setup your WM player with saved url locations, which you can take from the links here.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2007, 11:26:35 AM »

uh, no.

I was physically without my computer from 2pm yesterday until just now -- have yet to see if everything works after they re-imaged and re-built..

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2007, 10:24:14 PM »

uh, no.

I was physically without my computer from 2pm yesterday until just now -- have yet to see if everything works after they re-imaged and re-built..

Are you still able to do multiple-tabbed browsing?  If so, perhaps right-click on the link to "save as," save it to your toolbar or desktop, and "open in new tab" from there?  Or am I misunderstanding the problem?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2007, 07:52:37 AM »

uh, no.

Are you still able to do multiple-tabbed browsing?  If so, perhaps right-click on the link to "save as," save it to your toolbar or desktop, and "open in new tab" from there?  Or am I misunderstanding the problem?

the problem is fixed; I was told it was a system-wide "bug", FWIW. Everytrhing's working swell now.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2007, 08:53:10 AM »
I'm taking tomorrow (Fri) off -- wish I could say I had a long weekend trip planned, but alas, my doc scheduled me (TMI alert!) for a sigmoidoscopy smack dab in the middle of the afternoon. So I'll be sleeping in, missing Peak/Drive/'BCO and will probably pop in for whatever "classic" Dave has planned. Anybody heading over to the Fillmore for the final "Live'n'Local" of the month?

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2007, 07:51:23 AM »
i's married now!

pictures and details to come.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High