Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 268934 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2007, 09:19:41 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
i's married now!

pictures and details to come.

Congratulations. Honeymoon?
Looking forward to pix.  :D
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2007, 09:22:27 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
i's married now!

Mazel Tov! Felicidades!  SF misses you.

L'chaim! (sp?) (Oh, and happy new year to all the members of the tribe...)

Many congrats, princess--I'm sure you both made beautiful brides!
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2007, 09:26:08 AM »
i's married now!

Congrats, Princess!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "RGMike"
i's married now!

Mazel Tov! Felicidades!  SF misses you.

L'chaim! (sp?) (Oh, and happy new year to all the members of the tribe...)

Many congrats, princess--I'm sure you both made beautiful brides!

Indeed -- L'Chaim!

Love that you saw fit to visit us the day before and after!

So where are you registered?  And when do we learn more about the wifey?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2007, 12:45:05 PM »
Just whining for a second: I had two wisdom teeth taken out today (hence my absence from the board) and am in quite a lot of pain right now.  Was prescribed hydrocodone -- but only 10 tablets!  What does the dentist expect me to do tomorrow?   :o
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Just whining for a second: I had two wisdom teeth taken out today (hence my absence from the board) and am in quite a lot of pain right now.  Was prescribed hydrocodone -- but only 10 tablets!  What does the dentist expect me to do tomorrow?   :o

I still have all of mine (that's why I'm so wise.  But [Bill Clinton voice]ah feel your payn![/Bill Clinton voice]

Surely you can get your hands on some Vicodin!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2007, 04:43:10 PM »
wedding pics

italian wifey just retired from life as an interpreter. now she just works on art. we're off to france next week for two weeks' honeymoon.

i still have all of my wisdom teeth, though i lost four molars as a yewt to prepare for braces.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2007, 08:50:18 AM »

I had my last two (bottom) taken out last spring, and I was the last appointment of the afternnoon before the oral surgeon went on vacation.  The appointment before mine went way over, so I was sitting in the chair, prepped to go, for over 45 minutes before he came into the room.

Not surprisingly I was in way more pain than I expected during my recovery, and eventually a 3/8 inch long shard of the lower right tooth worked it's way out of my gum.  But at least that bastard made his flight!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 25, 2007, 09:37:44 PM »
wedding pics

italian wifey just retired from life as an interpreter. now she just works on art. we're off to france next week for two weeks' honeymoon.

i still have all of my wisdom teeth, though i lost four molars as a yewt to prepare for braces.

i *did* post pics for anyone interested.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 27, 2007, 09:50:10 AM »
wedding pics

i *did* post pics for anyone interested.

And delightful and delicious they are!  Thank you for posting them - and may I say, that dress looks fab on you.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2007, 09:51:51 AM »
GROSS GROSS GROSS

A little while ago, a mouse got into my apartment -- and apparently electrocuted itself on my power strip.  Came back to find the poor thing dead, splayed out over the strip, a leg in an open socket, and shocks of hair on the strip and the wall next to it.  Sorry to share, but this is freaking me out.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2007, 09:58:36 AM »
GROSS GROSS GROSS

A little while ago, a mouse got into my apartment -- and apparently electrocuted itself on my power strip.  Came back to find the poor thing dead, splayed out over the strip, a leg in an open socket, and shocks of hair on the strip and the wall next to it.  Sorry to share, but this is freaking me out.

Eeeewwww, ick. Our cats occasionally apprehend one that's wandered in from the garage and they leave them as presents on the stairs. Just what you want to find at 6am as you're on the way to the bathroom. I would be tempted to toss the powerstrip outright, but if it's a heavy-duty one, those things ain't cheap.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 10, 2007, 11:03:29 PM »
GROSS GROSS GROSS

OMG! Holy crap! Totally gross. I'm laughing now (shocks of hair! :lol: ) because this is weeks old and I'm just seeing it. Did you take a picture? Awful but freakishly so. I have had a few im my garage, not sure if rats or mice, and they ended up shot and or trapped/snapped.
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2007, 07:27:34 AM »
thanks for the card, love of my life. and i hope you're over the mouse ecapade. i found a decapitated mouse in the house about a month ago, thanks to a wiley cat.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 30, 2007, 09:24:21 PM »
A little after 8 tonight we had a 5.6 shaker, epicenter in San Jose. Did you feel it in SF? I was on the phone with someone in the city next to me and she was saying OMG there's and earthquake and it was 2-3 seconds before I felt it. Windows shook and there was noise with this one. Cool!
Sharks bleed teal.