Author Topic: Welcome to the 10@10 club  (Read 78358 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 10@10 club
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »
Everyone!  Please welcome Lattegirl to our club!  Tell us who you be...

can we assume you've given her the lowdown, re: who we are on Facebook?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2011, 09:26:52 PM »

can we assume you've given her the lowdown, re: who we are on Facebook?

I haven't, actually.  She can figure it out...she's a lawyer!  Ha!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »
I'm trying to get her to come in here!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

lattegirl

• Rambler
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the 10@10 club - Lattegirl
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2011, 09:39:55 PM »
Hey everyone,

I am new to this group but am a big fan of Annalisa and 10@10 (even as I grow more frustrated with KFOG's general programming).  Some of you may know me from her facebook page - Lisa Corman-Roberts. 

Let's see, what else should you know about me:
likes:  good music, meryl streep, crossword puzzles, gardening, yoga, swimming, zumba, ice cream, almond butter and chocolate, people who think, all teams from Chicago except one (see below), good wine, good beer, good alcohol, soccer, hiking and reading.

dislikes: people who follow blindly (mostly those who listen to the likes of Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh), the Chicago CUBS, Notre Dame, SportsCenter though I am a sports fan, Steely Dan, Colplay, the song Faster by Matt Nathanson, really bad music (think Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Britney Spears - I have a daughter approaching tween age with tween friends - I don't have to listen to it yet but I hear it in other venues), bad beer, tequila....and technology as I am a bit of a ludite.

Alright, if you have any questions for me - let me know.

Good night.

Tschuess!
“Music is an essential part of everything we do. Like puppetry, music has an abstract quality which speaks to a worldwide audience in a wonderful way that nourishes the soul.”  Jim Henson

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »
Of course, Lisa, welcome!  I'm sure you'll find this a fun and informative group. And snarky, can't forget snarky. Oh yeah, yours and Melissa's Steely Dan request is coming right up! ;)

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »
Oh yeah, yours and Melissa's Steely Dan request is coming right up! ;)

I think that's their version of hazing.   ;)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
Of course, Lisa, welcome!  I'm sure you'll find this a fun and informative group. And snarky, can't forget snarky. Oh yeah, yours and Melissa's Steely Dan request is coming right up! ;)

Hi lattegirl, welcome to this place.  One thing I learned after joining is there are a few regional 10@10s around (see the Regional 10@10's across the time zones! thread.  Interesting stuff, but KFOG's version is the original and still the best. 

Other radio stuff is always welcome.  I recommend browsing the various threads if you have time (ha!) to see what makes us tick. A lot of what we do here is good clean harmless snarky fun.  We take radio and pop music seriously, but realize that it's not always serious.  Most of us are on Facebook and pop onto AL's page.

hmm, I wonder if Coldplay ever covered Steely Dan...

~CPL593H~

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2011, 10:12:19 PM »
Greetings, Latte! I'm Urth aka Jim. I'd explain the origins of my handle, but I already used the good lines in my previous post in this thread (see above). Glad to have another member of the 10@10 OCD and Crankypants Society! I'm one of two Oregonians who post here periodically, but I still have strong ties to the Bay area. 10@10 used to be one of them, but a certain unnamed PD is doing all he can to lessen my interest. Nevertheless, I still check in here several times a week, even if I'm not carving out as much time to listen to Annalisa's works of art as much as I was a couple of months ago.

So can I assume from your dislike of the Cubbies that you're from the South Side and hence a White Sox fan?
Let's get right to it.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2011, 07:09:32 AM »
BTW, here's the glossary for club-speak: http://10at10club.com/forum/index.php?topic=2136.0

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2011, 09:44:31 AM »
Welcome Lattegirl! 

I'm Rod, longtime member of this little group.  I don't post as much as some of the others around here, or as much as I once did, but you'll see me around from time to time.  I'm lean more towards the rockier side of music, loud guitars, mostly.  It took a while, but I've found a certain respect for Steely Dan over the years, mainly through influences here.  But you should stick around anyway. 

Enjoy!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
Just noticed this.

My real name is Tim, I've been listening to 10@10 since 1998. Around that time I participated heavily at the 10@10 Yahoo! Boards, up through about 2001, then known as "lufaphs". I checked in sporadically on the new board in 2005, but went four full years between posts, before starting to participate again in 2009.

I was raised in Marin County, went to Sonoma State for college, where I got my BS in Mathematics. Went to the Peace Corps in Papua New Guinea 1994-1996, where I taught Math/Science/English. Upon returning to the states I started working in the SF Financial District, first at an advertising agency, then doing workers compensation actuarial work.

I fell in love with Top 40 music about the time I was 14. At first I listened to John Leader's "Countdown America", then Casey Kasem and Rick Dees (Kasem was the consumate professional, but Dees has been the survivor). As I got older, I realized there was more to the musical world than just Top 40, and I often find myself not being as familiar with 80's/90's alt music as I should be.

Non

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »
Welcome, Lattegirl! Though you're shaping up to be my archnemesis, what with your dislike of Steely Dan and insistence that John Taylor is *your* boyfriend. ;)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2011, 03:28:22 PM »
Welcome, Lattegirl! Though you're shaping up to be my archnemesis, what with your dislike of Steely Dan and insistence that John Taylor is *your* boyfriend. ;)

good thing you're on different continents, then!

Me, I'm one of the old folks here, so I'm close to being INcontinent.

You're probably figured out I'm "Mike Schaefer" on FB so you already know way too much about me.  ;)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2011, 05:05:09 PM »
Welcome, Lattegirl! Though you're shaping up to be my archnemesis, what with your insistence that John Taylor is *your* boyfriend. ;)
Grrr.  Fistfight in the parking lot!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:07 PM »
Welcome Lattegirl. I'm also one of the old time clubbers here. Good times, good and honest musicologists here. I think I have met everyone at least once, most many times. We have infrequent club gatherings but usually at least once a year. I enjoy concerts and prefer hard rock with killer guitars and drums. There is a softer side to me also. I go to the Bridge benefit every year (I have stalked Neil Young at Sharks games) and I'm also a Deadhead. Disco does not suck. SF Giants and SJ Sharks keep me entertained. I'm going to Chicago in November and plan on going to the Blackhawks v Flames game. Like beer and wine and vodka. Dislike champagne and chardonnay. I'm a fourth generation San Franciscan. I always thought I was third-gen but just learned my Dad was third-gen.
Rock on.
eta: FB Alison Lyon
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:04:46 PM by Alicat »
Sharks bleed teal.