Author Topic: Dred's "Connected" Topics  (Read 151992 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: Dred's "Connected" Topics
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »
Holy sheeet!  Dred is playing "Return of the Mack"!  HAAAAYYY!

Holy cow!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2011, 09:54:08 PM »

Now, THAT should be played during 10@10 tomorrow.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2011, 10:00:03 PM »

Now, THAT should be played during 10@10 tomorrow.

Bwahahaha! Right year and everything -- but AL would probably get reprimanded for being that creative. I remain confused by WTF is going on in DC's head.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »
Dred sez: since this time of year is all about sending a special message, tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... MESSAGES
Suggest your favorite message-related tunes; you could win tickets to see Los Lobos at the Fillmore this Friday, December 2nd.

I'd like to hear "Messages" by OMD, but predict the original "A Message to You, Rudy"(which wouldn't be bad, either).

OH, even better:  "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash.  Pretty fitting in these hard-ass times.

November  29: Returns
"Return to Sender," Roy Loney & the Phantom Movers
"Return of the Mack," Mark Morrison
"I've Returned," Squeeze
"Take it Back," Cream
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:52:21 PM by sundaygal »

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2011, 04:14:50 PM »
Dred sez: since this time of year is all about sending a special message, tonight at 8 pm on KFOG Connected, our connection will be... MESSAGES
Suggest your favorite message-related tunes; you could win tickets to see Los Lobos at the Fillmore this Friday, December 2nd.

I'd like to hear "Messages" by OMD, but predict the original "A Message to You, Rudy"(which wouldn't be bad, either).

OH, even better:  "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash.  Pretty fitting in these hard-ass times.

November  29: Returns
"Return to Sender," Roy Loney & the Phantom Movers
"Return of the Mack," Mark Morrison
"I've Returned," Squeeze
"Take it Back," Cream
Most obvious would be Message in a Bottle (Bell booooy!!)
Slipping into something
And out of something else

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2011, 11:55:32 PM »
And yet another of our cadre wins tonight's contest! Our own Wayback takes it with his suggestions of the following:

Message To My Girl -Split Enz; The Letter - Box Tops (or the Joe Cocker version); Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder; I've Gotta Get A Message To You - Bee Gees

So Rod, looks like you'll have at least one other 10@10er to hook with for drinks this Friday.
Let's get right to it.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2011, 06:30:38 AM »
And yet another of our cadre wins tonight's contest! Our own Wayback takes it with his suggestions of the following:

Message To My Girl -Split Enz; The Letter - Box Tops (or the Joe Cocker version); Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder; I've Gotta Get A Message To You - Bee Gees

So Rod, looks like you'll have at least one other 10@10er to hook with for drinks this Friday.

Woo hoo!  Congrats WB!  The new slogan should be "We be the Connected Playahs."   ;)

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2011, 10:28:17 AM »
Woo hoo!  Congrats WB!  The new slogan should be "We be the Connected Playahs."   ;)
Yes, thank you!  His set was "A Message to You, Rudy" "Message To My Girl" and "I've Gotta Get A Message To You."  Rod, see you Friday at The Fillmore for Los Lobos, woooooo!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
Yes, thank you!  His set was "A Message to You, Rudy" "Message To My Girl" and "I've Gotta Get A Message To You."  Rod, see you Friday at The Fillmore for Los Lobos, woooooo!
Excellent.  Great party band, always good energy.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
Dred sez: it’s that time, so tonight at 8 on KFOG Connected, our connection will be DECEMBER. Win tix for Los Lobos Friday at the Fillmore.

"December" by Weezer is a great song.  Doo-wop!
http://youtu.be/twne0ZyN__g

November  30: Messages
"A Message to You, Rudi," the Specials
"Message to My Girl," Split Enz
"Message of Love," Pretenders
"I've Got to Get a Message to You," Bee Gees

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2011, 07:57:11 PM »
Dred sez: it’s that time, so tonight at 8 on KFOG Connected, our connection will be DECEMBER. Win tix for Los Lobos Friday at the Fillmore.
No way in hell would this happen.  Something from the Stones "December's Children" or the Stone Poneys "December Dream."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWr-8OMkLSc
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2011, 08:14:53 PM »
No way in hell would this happen.  Something from the Stones "December's Children" or the Stone Poneys "December Dream."

Holee crapola.  He's playing Weezer's "December".  I officially heart Dred. 

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
I officially heart Dred.

you and DC both, I guess  ;)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »

Not sure who would care, but I stumbled across an article by the author of "December's Dream," a song I've always loved, and discovered it was also covered by one of my folk heroes, Fred Neil:

http://www.fredneil.com/the-december-dream-saga/
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2011, 11:39:30 PM »

Not sure who would care, but I stumbled across an article by the author of "December's Dream," a song I've always loved, and discovered it was also covered by one of my folk heroes, Fred Neil:

http://www.fredneil.com/the-december-dream-saga/
Fred Neil is badass, dude.
Slipping into something
And out of something else