Author Topic: KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc week of 9/19/11  (Read 2137 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc week of 9/19/11
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:46:06 AM »
turned on 1340 the Boardwalk just in time for Gladys' "Bourgie Bourgie" -- supa BOO-zhwa, baby!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc week of 9/19/11
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 09:38:54 AM »
2NG's retro chart is Sept 1977 today. Cheezy UK goodness. La Belle Epoque doing a disco-ized "Black is Black".

OMGWTFLOL: the Adverts, "Gary Gilmore's Eyes"!!!  "gary don't need his eyes to see/Gary and his eyes have parted com-pa-nee!"

holee crap: Mink DeVille's "Spanish Stroll" actually made the UK Top 40. And here's the Jacksons with "Dreamer", which amazingly is NTM. (oops, the host is mistaken: the Randy Jackson of the Jacksons is NOT the one from "American Idol", dawg.)

Jeezus, another NTM track: Yvonne Elliman's lovely ballad "I Can't Get You Out of My Mind"

oo! oo! Eddie & the HotRods, "Do Anything You Wanna Do"! (they were simply "The Rods" in the UK -- I did not know that.)

NTM: the Dooleys, "I Think I'm Gonna Fall in Love With You" -- sounding frighteningly like early TO & Dawn.

Elkie Brooks' much-beloved-by-Brits "Sunshine After the Rain" is quite nice.

The Emotions' "Best o' mah Lurve" scores in the UK after having been #1 over here.

hey-lolly-lolly! it's Meri Wilson's "Telephone Man". Put it in!

Brotherhood of Man's "Angelo" is a shameless ripoff of ABBA's "Fernando".

Lawd! Candi Staten Island's fab cover of "Nights on B'way"

Mah name ith Charlth! And ah love a woman who lets me borrow her clothes!  Float on, girlfriend!

Elvis' "Way Down" -- #1 for a number of weeks -- makes my morning. Thankyaverramuch.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:54:14 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round