Author Topic: CG Friday 7/15/05  (Read 5561 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG Friday 7/15/05
« on: July 15, 2005, 11:19:34 AM »
I'm giving this Queen thing a shot, even though the whole Paul Rodgers-for-Freddy thing peeves me. And Roger Taylor is calling it "The Concert of Defiance" (as in "those terrorists can't keep us down") which I can't make up my mind whether it's too jingoistic for my blood or not.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: CG Friday 7/15/05
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 12:14:35 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
I'm giving this Queen thing a shot, even though the whole Paul Rodgers-for-Freddy thing peeves me. And Roger Taylor is calling it "The Concert of Defiance" (as in "those terrorists can't keep us down") which I can't make up my mind whether it's too jingoistic for my blood or not.

I'm with ya on the Queen/Paul Rodgers thing. I just so strongly identify that band with Freddie that hearing someone else in that role (particularly Rodgers, who's the antithesis of Mercury) just doesn't sit well.

As for the Concert of Defiance stuff, I'm inclined to cut him some slack--there was all sorts of stuff like that going around here after 9/11, so I'd say the Brits are entitled to a little chest-beating.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CG Friday 7/15/05
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 03:32:15 PM »
I was listening to it but it bas background noise as work was happening. I heard the Queen tunes but did not concentrate on who was performing. Sounded fine.
Sharks bleed teal.