Author Topic: 21 June 2010: Here Comes Summer!  (Read 7723 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 21 June 2010: Here Comes Summer!
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2010, 10:40:38 AM »
I liked this Chuck Prophet thing once upon a time. Now it's just snoozy.

he's got that Duboce Triangle accent. it's a summertime thang.
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »
6/21/10- Monday!!  Welcoming Summer- Foghead style!!

1.  Diesel- Sausalito Summer Night
(Movie: Gidget... wants a surfboard)
 2.  Beach Boys- Surfer Girl
 3.  Sly & The Family Stone- Hot Fun In The Summertime
(Ad: Malibu Barbie)
 4.  Raspberries- Drivin' Around
 5.  Mungo Jerry- In The Summertime
(Movie: Suddenly Last Summer)
 6.  Motels- Suddenly Last Summer
 7.  Simple Minds- Someone Somewhere in Summertime
 8.  War- Summer
 9.  Janis Joplin- Summertime (!!)B.O.S
(Ad: Mr Bubble Pool Party!)
10.  Chuck Prophet- Summertime Thing
11.  (Will Smith) DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince-Summertime !
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2010, 06:46:11 PM »
Ack...2 theme sets in a row.  I've noticed quite a few theme sets lately (the themes which seem to get more and more unnecessary imo) tho - and more 90s too - is she back to doing one each 60s/70s/80s/90s/theme per week?

Some times of the year are just more prone to theme sets--like April with April Fools, Tax Day, and Earth Day hard on one another's heels. Haven't been really keeping track of whether we've been getting more of the quota method of programming or not however, since I've been unable to listen to most of them (sigh). But you may have something.

I've noticed a lot of sets that go to 11 lately too--like at least a couple every week. Maybe she misses doing the Bonus track more than she's letting on, so just tacking it onto the end of the set? Anyway, it's her gig, she can do what she wants--far be it for me to bitch about getting an extra song.

All that said, looking at today's box score it seems like she took a lot of fogheads' by-the-book suggestions for this set, but where she deviated and made a pick of her own, she really went for it (Raspberries, Simple Minds, DJJJ & FP). I'd thought for sure she was going to use my Jonathan Richman suggestion (That Summer Feeling), but it didn't happen. I'll have to console myself thinking maybe it was one that was left on deck.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »
looking at today's box score it seems like she took a lot of fogheads' by-the-book suggestions for this set, but where she deviated and made a pick of her own, she really went for it (Raspberries, Simple Minds, DJJJ & FP). I'd thought for sure she was going to use my Jonathan Richman suggestion (That Summer Feeling), but it didn't happen. I'll have to console myself thinking maybe it was one that was left on deck.

actually, the 'beeries tune was one of mine... I also requested the Blotto song she posted on FB -- She brought it in from home, she said, but tho' it was a big "turntable hit" in the Northeast, nobody in SF had heard of it.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2010, 10:26:59 PM »
I love Janis, but I wish she'd have taken my Billy Stewart suggestion!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!