Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 10/5/09  (Read 2799 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 10/5/09
« on: October 05, 2009, 12:22:53 PM »
An afternoon of Funky Housecleaning: dusting and polishing while Judge keeps me movin' with his tunes, on every radio in the place. And he doesn't disappoint: he leads off with Rick James, "(You Blew My Mind) 69 Times" -- featuring the fab backing vox of Grace Slick.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 10/5/09
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 01:07:25 PM »
"Now Kitty, you know when we talk, we have a lotta fun, don't we girl? Dishin' out the dirt on everybody, and givin' each other the 4-1-1 on who drop-kicked who this week? You know what I'm talkin' about!"

LAWD! Judge plays Ree-Ree's uber-fab "Jump To It", a huge NYC urban-radio hit back in 1982 and one of Luther V's shining moments as a producer. And he follows it with MJ & his bros, "Walk Right Now". 

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:57:07 PM »
An afternoon of Funky Housecleaning: dusting and polishing while Judge keeps me movin' with his tunes, on every radio in the place. And he doesn't disappoint: he leads off with Rick James, "(You Blew My Mind) 69 Times" -- featuring the fab backing vox of Grace Slick.

"Ya' heard me RIGHT, Grace Slick!"
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:54:13 AM »
I get to hear some of JJ's '60s-fest before my first "webinar" of the day, and we get JB, tellin' his fellow Americans and lady Americans about "King Heroin". Sorry, I still find it rather laughable -- the rhyme of "Mex" with "sex" alone is worth a guffaw.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 07:55:51 AM »
I get to hear some of JJ's '60s-fest before my first "webinar" of the day, and we get JB, tellin' his fellow Americans and lady Americans about "King Heroin". Sorry, I still find it rather laughable -- the rhyme of "Mex" with "sex" alone is worth a guffaw.

"...You will ride that horse until you are dead... dead!  ...DEAD!
this is a revolution of the mind -- get your mind away from drugs..."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 05:21:45 PM by Tinka_Cat »
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 03:16:10 PM »
A day spent at home listening to "Saturday at the '70s" and the surprise of the afternoon is the Sutherland Bros & Quiver, "(I Don't Wanna Love You But) You Got Me Anyway", one of the great shoulda-beens of that decade -- how a song with such a great sing-along chorus only got to #48 is baffling.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 03:53:29 PM »
A day spent at home listening to "Saturday at the '70s" and the surprise of the afternoon is the Sutherland Bros & Quiver...

and coming in a close 2nd is Godspell's "Day By Day", lovely as always, even to a non-believer like me (and we heard "JC Superstar" earlier!). The woman singing lead was named Robin Lamont.