Author Topic: The Sound (LA), 4/13/09: 1975  (Read 4694 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Sound (LA), 4/13/09: 1975
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 11:34:42 AM »
Nazareth takes Gram Parsons to the Top 10. Love Hurts.

(This may be from the wrong year depending on what rule they're using--it entered the charts on January 3, so it was probably out in '75 but didn't chart til the following year.)

I adore this version (thanks to my K-Tel Dynomite LP, which included a ~two minute edit of Love Hurts), but it still cannot touch the Everly Brothers' original.

Indeed--I stand corrected. Always thought Gram Parsons wrote that one--how could I have missed the Everlys?
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 11:44:17 AM »

(This may be from the wrong year depending on what rule they're using--it entered the charts on January 3, so it was probably out in '75 but didn't chart til the following year.)

I adore this version (thanks to my K-Tel Dynomite LP, which included a ~two minute edit of Love Hurts), but it still cannot touch the Everly Brothers' original.

Indeed--I stand corrected. Always thought Gram Parsons wrote that one--how could I have missed the Everlys?

actually, I think the Bryants wrote it, no?  But the Everlys recorded it first and then many many covers followed.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 12:10:09 PM »

actually, I think the Bryants wrote it, no?  But the Everlys recorded it first and then many many covers followed.

yes, you are right!  on all counts:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Hurts

~CPL593H~