Author Topic: CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05  (Read 7587 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« on: February 09, 2005, 01:01:33 PM »
First tune to move me to post today: Alan Price's cover of Randy Newman's "Simon Smith & his Dancing Bear"! Wow!  It was actually a UK hit single in 1967 -- some 5 years before Newman recorded it himself, methinks.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 01:28:01 PM »
CGing for only about the third time in several months today, and I realized something that's a pain about the CG player: you can't pause it or shut it off without closing the app. Not conducive to getting people to return easily to your stream.

Kind of nice to hear Status Quo and Small Faces and such again though--I was getting burnt on them last summer so decided to take a holiday.
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 01:41:02 PM »
i'm back and forth between smoothfm and lambert, hendricks and ross.

now on smooth: smokey, being with you.

"people may change, they always do
haven't they noticed the changes in you?"

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 01:51:50 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
CGing for only about the third time in several months today, and I realized something that's a pain about the CG player: you can't pause it or shut it off without closing the app. Not conducive to getting people to return easily to your stream.

Actually, next to the volume bar in the middle of the window is an on/off button.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »
lauren wood, "fallen"!! on smooth fm.  nice. come to think of it, the "pretty woman" soundtrack wasn't that bad...

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 02:11:26 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Actually, next to the volume bar in the middle of the window is an on/off button.

Ahhh, crap. You mean that's been there all along? Maybe if they made it look more like a button instead of just text.
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 02:49:35 PM »
you can't buy this sort of publicity! ok, well, maybe you can....

andy peebles of smooth fm checked out my website. then he announced my gig tomorrow night on the air. not that a ton of people from manchester are heading to lax, but still...i'll have to check my site uk hit-counter at home later.

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2005, 03:04:53 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
you can't buy this sort of publicity! ok, well, maybe you can....

andy peebles of smooth fm checked out my website. then he announced my gig tomorrow night on the air. not that a ton of people from manchester are heading to lax, but still...i'll have to check my site uk hit-counter at home later.

OMG! sorry I missed it...

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 03:06:13 PM »

OMG! sorry I missed it...

i guess i'll have to book some gigs in manchester now!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
CG-ing on Wed 2/9/05
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 12:04:04 PM »

Neither the on/off button nor the volume control are present in the Netscape version, bizarrely.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”