Author Topic: 5 October 2017: it's... The Essential Tom Petty  (Read 3331 times)

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
5 October 2017: it's... The Essential Tom Petty
« on: October 05, 2017, 07:53:22 AM »
10/5:

On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we pay tribute to music legend Tom Petty,
who died at the young rock and roll age of 66. From his hits with the Heartbreakers
and Stevie Nicks to his live album with Bob Dylan and supergroups Traveling Wilburys
and Mudcrunch, these are the essential songs for the man who once claimed “You Got
Lucky.” Yep, we sure did.
Tuned to a natural E

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: 5 October 2017: it's... The Essential Tom Petty
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 10:41:54 AM »
10/5:

On today’s edition of Soundwaves 10@10, we pay tribute to music legend Tom Petty,
who died at the young rock and roll age of 66. From his hits with the Heartbreakers
and Stevie Nicks to his live album with Bob Dylan and supergroups Traveling Wilburys
and Mudcrunch, these are the essential songs for the man who once claimed “You Got
Good set, but Mr. Willis insisted on saying "Mudcrunch". Ou(n)ch. He said it that way several times, so no slip of the tongue. It's funny how many little details he seems to have trouble with.
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 06:28:26 PM »
10/5:

Good set, but Mr. Willis insisted on saying "Mudcrunch". Ou(n)ch. He said it that way several times, so no slip of the tongue. It's funny how many little details he seems to have trouble with.

Boy, you weren't kidding. Def not a misspeak.

An OK set, but as I am given to saying, too many overplayed hits, not enough deep tracks. Which is why I don't make a habit of listening to this 10@10 anymore.
Let's get right to it.

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 07:54:14 AM »
10/5:

Boy, you weren't kidding. Def not a misspeak.

An OK set, but as I am given to saying, too many overplayed hits, not enough deep tracks. Which is why I don't make a habit of listening to this 10@10 anymore.
I don't make it a habit either, but sometimes I binge a few. I miss the live commentary of the past. Oh well.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 10:19:48 AM »
10/5:

"MudCrunch" would be a great name for a candy bar, tho'. :)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 06:34:42 PM »
10/5:

"MudCrunch" would be a great name for a candy bar, tho'. :)
That it would!

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 08:58:46 PM »
 1. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Into the Great Wide Open
 2. Tom Petty – Free Fallin’
 3. Stevie Nicks (with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) – Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around
 4. Tom Petty – You Got Lucky
 5. Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne, etc. – While My Guitar Gently Weeps
 6. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – An American Girl
 7. Tom Petty – I Won’t Back Down
 8. Traveling Wilburys – End of the Line
 9. Tom Petty – You Don’t Know How It Feels
10. Mudcrutch – I Forgive It All
BONUS: Bob Dylan & Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – I’ll Remember You
Tuned to a natural E