Author Topic: Holiday schedules?  (Read 17721 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« on: December 20, 2005, 09:47:29 AM »
Just thought it might be appropriate to inquire as to everyone's holiday plans/work schedules etc. for the next couple of weeks.

I'm slaving away in the cube thru Thursday, then off until January 3. Will probably check in from home periodically, but not as much until the 27th when the family leaves. No major travel plans, which suits me fine.

Btw, I assume the absence of a BCO thread for today means that I'm not the only one having trouble getting their stream to come up.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday schedules?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 10:06:23 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Just thought it might be appropriate to inquire as to everyone's holiday plans/work schedules etc. for the next couple of weeks.

I'm slaving away in the cube thru Thursday, then off until January 3. Will probably check in from home periodically, but not as much until the 27th when the family leaves. No major travel plans, which suits me fine.

Btw, I assume the absence of a BCO thread for today means that I'm not the only one having trouble getting their stream to come up.

Indeed, I gave up on KBCO after about 10 minutes -- don't even know what year it was supposed to be.

I'm working thru Thurs, then a 4-day weekend, then work Tue - Fri, then 3 days off for New Years.  But no travel plans so I'll be posting in between seeing the 15 or so movies on my list during the annual holiday film orgy.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: Holiday schedules?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 10:08:29 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Indeed, I gave up on KBCO after about 10 minutes -- don't even know what year it was supposed to be.

I'm working thru Thurs, then a 4-day weekend, then work Tue - Fri, then 3 days off for New Years.  But no travel plans so I'll be posting in between seeing the 15 or so movies on my list during the annual holiday film orgy.

working at office on and off all week. Next week too I guess.  Busy time of year; don't know when I'll find time to write those two papers I owe a professor at State.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gaz at da Voice

Holiday schedules?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 11:31:27 AM »
I'll be at home or at work nonstop through the new year.  Between others' vacations and transit difficulties, I'll be filling in a lot of time here at da Voice.

P.S.  Would be fun to use a shared-directory to take turns DJing Christmas albums.  I'd like to play my James Brown Christmas for y'all.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 11:57:50 AM »
Quote from: "Gaz at da Voice"
I'll be at home or at work nonstop through the new year.  Between others' vacations and transit difficulties, I'll be filling in a lot of time here at da Voice.

A GREEN CHRI$TMA$!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 12:59:04 PM »
No travel plans. Working this week. SF for dinner on XMAS eve, back to work on Tuesday 12/27, off 1/2. Not using up any of my sparse paid vacay. Want to TRY and see a few movies. I envy you Mike.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
What the hell! Happy Fuckin' New Year to Y'all!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 12:08:57 AM »
got it?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 12:26:47 PM »
Stayed home & indoors because of the rain all weekend and got a mild case of cabin fever with the kids.

But leaving tomorrow for Vegas & CES, back Friday late & then leaving again on Sunday afternoon for a week in Texas on business.  Spending 9 of the next 10 days on the road, 6 flights, 5 airports, 3 timezones & all of it with my anal boss & one of the managers who doesn't speak English very well.  My good work-buddy Sam cancelled at the last minute; he would have been a natural buffer for me.

Oy vey!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 12:59:53 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
Stayed home & indoors because of the rain all weekend and got a mild case of cabin fever with the kids.

But leaving tomorrow for Vegas & CES, back Friday late & then leaving again on Sunday afternoon for a week in Texas on business.  Spending 9 of the next 10 days on the road, 6 flights, 5 airports, 3 timezones & all of it with my anal boss & one of the managers who doesn't speak English very well.  My good work-buddy Sam cancelled at the last minute; he would have been a natural buffer for me.

Oy vey!

Dude, hope you at least have fun in Vegas--I once again managed to dodge that bullet (wife's birthday is this week--whew!) but depending on the calendar I may get roped in for next year. So if that happens, we gotta commiserate on stuff. Let's revisit this in, say, 48 weeks or so.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 12:16:04 PM »
And 50 or so weeks hence of the last posting, here we are again:

What's yer sched for the holidays?

I'm at work thru Thursday, then off until Jan 2, when I return and prepare for The Hell That Is CES. But remotely--once again, I ain't going.

But not traveling during the holiday, so I should be around to post about the classics we're hearing next week.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 12:27:08 PM »

I'm at work thru Thursday, then off until Jan 2, when I return and prepare for The Hell That Is CES. But remotely--once again, I ain't going.

But not traveling during the holiday, so I should be around to post about the classics we're hearing next week.

I'm off work Mon/Tue (25/26) and again Jan 1st. And (fingers crossed) a half-day Fri the 22nd.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 12:38:24 PM »

ha! i was so confused. i started reading from the top, unaware the posts were from last year. i was trying to figure out how gaz would be working from san francisco, or why mshray hated his anal boss already!

i may be around. this thursday is my last day of work until the 8th. i have tentative plans to head south or west, but nothing firm yet. i may just hang out and enjoy hot showers and heat - two things that have been sparse in these parts for a week.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 02:48:55 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"

ha! i was so confused. i started reading from the top, unaware the posts were from last year. i was trying to figure out how gaz would be working from san francisco, or why mshray hated his anal boss already!

i may be around. this thursday is my last day of work until the 8th. i have tentative plans to head south or west, but nothing firm yet. i may just hang out and enjoy hot showers and heat - two things that have been sparse in these parts for a week.

Ditto. LOL. I read from the top and wondered if Gaz canceled his trip.
I'm off the 26th, 27th, work Thurs/Fri, back Jan 2.

Club outing on the 26th?
Sharks bleed teal.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Holiday schedules?
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 09:30:16 AM »
Work work work.

Just off on Christmas and New Years.  

bah humbug
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Cult of JC Superstar
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 03:28:35 PM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Quote from: "princessofcairo"

Ditto. LOL. I read from the top and wondered if Gaz canceled his trip.
I'm off the 26th, 27th, work Thurs/Fri, back Jan 2.

Club outing on the 26th?

Well, now that you mention it . . .

I just found out last night that the Orpheum is currently presenting a production of Jesus Christ Superstar, with Ted Neeley reprising his title role and Corey Glover (!) playing Judas.  I am absolutely attending, and am hoping it can become a club outing.  Tuesday the 26th would be simply perfect for me, but I can try to do other days too.  Sked goes:

Thursday 12/21 8pm - can't do
Friday 12/22 2pm and 8pm - can do 2pm or maybe 8pm
Saturday 12/23 2pm and 8pm - can do 2pm if that's leaving enough time for Sharks game
NO SHOWS Sunday or Monday
Tuesday 12/26 8pm - can do
Wednesday 2pm and 8pm - can do either

I forget how much the tix are, but matinees are cheaper.  I'll go for anything, as this is a very rare opp for me to do something like this.  Call me if anything is arranged here (since I have limited net access til the weeked).  Hope to make this a club outing!

But if that can't happen, I'm of course still up for dinner, drinks, etc.

Other quick notes: Amoeba rocks as ever; I very nearly bought a "Hard to Find Hits" comp with "Pata Pata" and "Witchi Tai To" (the Everything Is Everything version).  Fuzio has really stepped up its game ($2 calamari appetizers during happy hour!!).  Citrus Club still yummy and delicious.  Hotel Triton gorgeous as ever.  I can't drink like I used to.  Otherwise having a lovely time.

See you all soon!
Gaz
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”