Author Topic: CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18  (Read 8286 times)

Gazoo

  • The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
  • *****
  • Posts: 15259
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2005, 07:18:00 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Archie Bell & the Drells, "Here I Go Again", a Brit-but-not-US hit that belongs on our list of Faux-town songs.


"Tell me more!"
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

  • The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
  • *****
  • Posts: 15259
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2005, 08:54:14 PM »
Now on Technicolor Web of Sound: The Nazz doing a very amateur, off-key garage-rock sub-Blue-Cheer-rocked-up version of "Kicks."  TANC - I just mentioned the Monkees' version on another thread yesterday.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

  • Moderator
  • Eight Miles High
  • *****
  • Posts: 78693
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2005, 10:24:09 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Now on Technicolor Web of Sound: The Nazz doing a very amateur, off-key garage-rock sub-Blue-Cheer-rocked-up version of "Kicks."  TANC - I just mentioned the Monkees' version on another thread yesterday.


guess "Kicks" just ain't so hard to find after all...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

  • The Core
  • Super Scribe
  • *****
  • Posts: 5456
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 11:09:46 AM »
Yay FRIDAY CG.
MJ, Don't Stop........
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

  • Moderator
  • Eight Miles High
  • *****
  • Posts: 78693
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2005, 11:11:01 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Yay FRIDAY CG.
MJ, Don't Stop........


... til you get it up!

"I'm melting like hot candle wax." Well, MJ, after all that plastic surg, I'm not surprised.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

  • The Core
  • Super Scribe
  • *****
  • Posts: 5456
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2005, 11:17:12 AM »
Help me!! I'm melllltinnnnnggggg...............

Reminds me of Peter Sellers in a Pink Panther when a flame melts his nose and he is initially unaware. Kills me.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

  • The Core
  • Super Scribe
  • *****
  • Posts: 5456
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2005, 11:18:57 AM »
My favorite Narada!
I really do like it.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

  • Moderator
  • Eight Miles High
  • *****
  • Posts: 78693
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Help me!! I'm melllltinnnnnggggg...............

Reminds me of Peter Sellers in a Pink Panther when a flame melts his nose and he is initially unaware. Kills me.


LOL! Y'know, they've remade Pink Panther with Steve Martin.

I thought of the South Park ep where MJ is playing "I got your nose" with his kid, and then the kid reaches up and really pulls MJ's nose off. Just freakin' hilarious.

OMG, the original Narada! "I Should Have Charted Higher."
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

  • The Core
  • Super Scribe
  • *****
  • Posts: 5456
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2005, 11:29:12 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

I thought of the South Park ep where MJ is playing "I got your nose" with his kid, and then the kid reaches up and really pulls MJ's nose off. Just freakin' hilarious.
"

Wish I saw that!
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

  • The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
  • *****
  • Posts: 15274
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2005, 12:21:49 PM »
Whoa! Candi Staton's take on Nights on Broadway into the Reverend's Sha-la-la Make Me Happy--very nice! Never heard the former before, and love the latter!
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

  • Moderator
  • Eight Miles High
  • *****
  • Posts: 78693
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2005, 12:39:58 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Whoa! Candi Staton's take on Nights on Broadway into the Reverend's Sha-la-la Make Me Happy--very nice! Never heard the former before, and love the latter!


Them Brits just love them some Candi Staten Island.  Wow, Linda Clifford, "If My Friends Could See Me Now". You can't miss with the gay crowd if you disco-ize a show tune. LOL!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

  • Moderator
  • Eight Miles High
  • *****
  • Posts: 78693
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2005, 01:06:56 PM »
Gladys and the Biggest Pips in Showbiz!  "Finish Whatcha Started".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

  • The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
  • *****
  • Posts: 15274
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 01:30:32 PM »
Greg misses you guys! He was bemoaning not hearing from his US fans, and sure enough Mike chimes in and gets a mention in the next break!

And now we hear another takeoff on Timmy Thomas' Why Can't We Live Together--with clips of MLK and others--don't think I've heard this before.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

  • Moderator
  • Eight Miles High
  • *****
  • Posts: 78693
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 01:42:18 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
Greg misses you guys! He was bemoaning not hearing from his US fans, and sure enough Mike chimes in and gets a mention in the next break!

And now we hear another takeoff on Timmy Thomas' Why Can't We Live Together--with clips of MLK and others--don't think I've heard this before.


I've only ever heard that on CG -- no idea the source or the year of the remix.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

  • Moderator
  • Eight Miles High
  • *****
  • Posts: 78693
    • View Profile
CG, KPOO, WLNG etc, week of 11/14-11/18
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2005, 01:56:52 PM »
ooo! Love Unltd, "It May Be Winter Outside", a Gaz fave iirc.  

I have no desire to stick around for 2 hours of Ozzy, so I'm off to WLNG.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round