Author Topic: I didn't know that!  (Read 65069 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 09:39:01 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
So I just got this from the Ken Jennings weekly trivia email that I subscribe to....and for all the articles I've read about him & all the talking about him that goes on here, this bit was still unknown to me.

Barry Zito has a Hollywood celebrity uncle.  Who is he?

I had to Google this as I had no idea.  Wow!  Veddy interrrethtink.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
So I just got this from the Ken Jennings weekly trivia email that I subscribe to....and for all the articles I've read about him & all the talking about him that goes on here, this bit was still unknown to me.

So the answer is.....Patrick (Bobby (Man From Atlantis) Ewing) Duffy!
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 12:14:08 PM »

Patrick (Bobby (Man From (Right Leg of Scuzzlebutt) Atlantis) Ewing) Duffy
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 12:19:24 PM »

LOL! Does this mean Barry will go back to the A's next season and say that 2007 was "all a dream"?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 03:50:25 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

LOL! Does this mean Barry will go back to the A's next season and say that 2007 was "all a dream"?

We can only hope it looks something like the original!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 08:44:31 AM »
Tim Goodman just pronounced Aidin Vaiziri's first name as "eye-DEEN", rather than "AY-din".  Can that be right? Is that the way Vaiziri's parents pronounced it, or is it an affectation he came up with himself?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 08:49:23 PM »
This is even scarier than Isaac Hayes being a Scientologist: apparently Gladys Knight is a convert to...  Mormonism.  Use your imagination indeed.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 12:43:21 AM »
This is even scarier than Isaac Hayes being a Scientologist: apparently Gladys Knight is a convert to...  Mormonism.  Use your imagination indeed.

but...but...but...i just don't get it.

SFGuy

I didn't know that!
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 02:25:12 AM »

According to imdb.com, Duffy's wife is the sister of Zito's mother.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2007, 07:59:44 AM »

Cue the obligatory "If I Were One Of Your Women" joke.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 08:07:25 AM »

ROTFL!

This came up because I stumbled across a Gladys Knight special on the BYU channel on digital cable.  Apparently her only complaint about Mormonism has been "the music" (the implication being it was a bit too white).  And they interviewed this incredibly white woman who said to Gladys, "well then let's all get together and sing some gospel!" as if it were, y'know, the easiest thing in the world for white folks in Utah to do.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 09:20:38 AM »

ROTFL!

This came up because I stumbled across a Gladys Knight special on the BYU channel on digital cable.  Apparently her only complaint about Mormonism has been "the music" (the implication being it was a bit too white).  And they interviewed this incredibly white woman who said to Gladys, "well then let's all get together and sing some gospel!" as if it were, y'know, the easiest thing in the world for white folks in Utah to do.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 11:38:40 AM »

ROTFL!

Utah-Jazz-Team-Logo-Photofile-Posters.jpg

But wait... there's more!

http://www.gladysandron.com/

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »
I've been listening to day to 2 Dusty Springfield double-CDS, Dusty in Memphis (the 2nd CD is bonus tracks) and Dusty in London.  Listening to Memphis led me to do some googling -- I never knew that both "I Don't Want To Hear it Anymore" and "Just One Smile" (I know the latter from the first BS&T LP) are early Randy Newman compositions. Interesting web page detailing covers of his early stuff:

http://www.randynewman.info/biography/other.html

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
I didn't know that!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 01:47:59 PM »
I've been listening to day to 2 Dusty Springfield double-CDS, Dusty in Memphis (the 2nd CD is bonus tracks) and Dusty in London.  Listening to Memphis led me to do some googling -- I never knew that both "I Don't Want To Hear it Anymore" and "Just One Smile" (I know the latter from the first BS&T LP) are early Randy Newman compositions. Interesting web page detailing covers of his early stuff:

http://www.randynewman.info/biography/other.html

I have those same comps, and yeah, Dusty "got" Randy in a way few others did.  (TANC: I was watching Dusty vids on YouTube last night, and her post-"What Have I Done to Deserve This" efforts, um, lacked effort.)  IDWTHIA is a major highlight that deserved more exposure.  "And the walls ... are much too thin."