Author Topic: RIP Stephen Capen  (Read 2858 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
RIP Stephen Capen
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:47:50 AM »
for those of you who go back as far as the original KSAN, he worked there, as well as at KFOG early on.  I don't have a link to a story, but someone on the SF radio message board at radio-info.com is reporting he passed away last nite.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Stephen Capen
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:06:36 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
for those of you who go back as far as the original KSAN, he worked there, as well as at KFOG early on.  I don't have a link to a story, but someone on the SF radio message board at radio-info.com is reporting he passed away last nite.

Damn. Seems likely--a google search turned this, from jive95.com:

Stephen Capen has been dealing with the devil in the form of a growth on his lung since early last year. "The Grim Reaper decided he wanted to open talks with me, and chose a lung tumor to convince," he said. Capen has undergone extensive radiotherapy and chemotherapy, but all the treatments failed to squelch the monster and he has resigned himself to its eventual victory. WDRC, Hartford, Conn. has a nice feature on their website on Capen, who worked there in the late sixties, using the air handle, "Stephen Kane."  Story here.

http://www.jive95.com/newsjive95.htm
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
RIP Stephen Capen
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 04:57:42 PM »
Big Rick just gave a short remembrance of Steve Capen.

"... made me late for first period in high school.  The Priests at Salesien's never bought the story, but I blame Steve Capen..."
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Stephen Capen
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 09:54:39 PM »
I certainly remember him, if not too specifically.  It's sad how many of the old KSAN crew have shuffled off this coil.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!