Author Topic: KPOO etc week of 3/25/13  (Read 4827 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KPOO etc week of 3/25/13
« on: March 25, 2013, 11:08:35 AM »
DJ Marilynn on KPOO doing some Ree-Ree birfday stuff. Her lovely, overlooked cover of "Tracks of My Tears" is a small gem.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KPOO etc week of 3/25/13
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 08:36:44 AM »
JJ spins the orig (DeeDee Warwick) version of "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" and it's wonderful... but that breathy spoken exchange between Diana and the Tempts really makes their version what it is. "I'll HUNGAH fo' every wasted hour!"

ooo! the Tops' "Turn to Stone" -- clearly an influence on "Build Me Up Buttercup"

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:43:02 PM »
JJ spins the orig (DeeDee Warwick) version of "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" and it's wonderful... but that breathy spoken exchange between Diana and the Tempts really makes their version what it is. "I'll HUNGAH fo' every wasted hour!"

ooo! the Tops' "Turn to Stone" -- clearly an influence on "Build Me Up Buttercup"

I listened to a little JJ this morning.  You know, his show makes you younger... and it even makes you feel good, too!

question for JJ: isn't making someone younger a LOT harder than just making them feel good?  What, can you turn back time?  You are amazing JJ!
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
One of 2NG's weekly theme shows is doing an Easter thing -- "Put Your hand in the Hand", "Put Your Hands Together", "Oh Happy Day", "Spirit in the Sky" etc.  Kinda cool, and reminds me of my never-used suggestion for a "Jesus Rock" 10@10 on Good Friday.

OMG: BJ Thomas, "Mighty Clouds of Joy" -- a forgotten gem.

damn, wish Gaz were listening -- here come Godspell and JCSuperstar!  ooo! it's Ms Reddy's version of "I Don't Know How To Love Him" (tho' I do prefer Whinyface's)

And I *really* prefer the Byrds' "Jesus/Alright" to the Doobs. But Doobs is what we get.

uh, "My Sweet Lord" is about Krishna, dude.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:48:30 PM by RGMike »