Author Topic: 29 August 2012: Annalisa is back and live with... 1971  (Read 5324 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2012: Annalisa is back and live with... 1971
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 01:05:45 PM »
OMGWTFLOL: uber-uber BOS5 Gil Scott Heron, "The Revolution will NOT be Televised, Bitches!"

Senility: I thought this was on The Last Poets album, but I guess I was wrong.

I think he did more than one version -- maybe that's what you were thinking of.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2012: Annalisa is back and live with...1971
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »
OMGWTFLOL: uber-uber BOS5 Gil Scott Heron, "The Revolution will NOT be Televised, Bitches!"

Gil Scott-Heron did release "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" on both of his first two albums, 1970's  "Small Talk at 125th and Lenox" and "Pieces of a Man" from 1971. He doesn't have an album called "The Last Poets" as far as I can tell, but there was another group by that name in 1970 that did an eponymous album and is considered to be a precursor to rap and hip hop much in the way that Gil Scott-Heron is. Their album does have a track called "When the Revolution Comes"--could that be what you're thinking of, Geoff?
Let's get right to it.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 29 August 2012: Annalisa is back and live with... 1971
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 10:23:11 PM »
Segue of the day: Edith Bunker screeching her way through her duet on "Those Were The Days" (aka the theme from All In The Family) with Archie, followed by "Getting In Tune." Heh heh heh.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 29 August 2012: Annalisa is back and live with...1971
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 11:35:02 PM »

Gil Scott-Heron did release "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" on both of his first two albums, 1970's  "Small Talk at 125th and Lenox" and "Pieces of a Man" from 1971. He doesn't have an album called "The Last Poets" as far as I can tell, but there was another group by that name in 1970 that did an eponymous album and is considered to be a precursor to rap and hip hop much in the way that Gil Scott-Heron is. Their album does have a track called "When the Revolution Comes"--could that be what you're thinking of, Geoff?
No, I'm just wrong.  I also thought Gil Scott-Heron was in the Last Poets.  My failure is complete!  Maybe I'm just used to a different version.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!