Author Topic: 10 April 2012: It's Y2K!  (Read 6541 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 10 April 2012: It's Y2K!
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
At first I thought she had played "Someday Out Of The Blue", which would have been kinda awesome.

Yes!!! That was the "perfectly good, but less exposed songs, in 2000" I was hinting at in the previous post. ;)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 11:11:55 AM »
Although we haven't hit 2000 that much, at least there weren't too many katrinas.  Or, even better, there wasn't an overabundance of KFOG staples.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 11:17:08 AM »
At first I thought she had played "Someday Out Of The Blue", which would have been kinda awesome.

But yeah, the playing of a song grossly out of its time frame for as thin of a connection as a movie is dubious to put it mildly.

Actually, I have a friend who put a 2000-themed album together that included "The Long And Winding Road", which resulted in a fairly heated argument as well.

Only true music fans would care about such a thing!  ;D

glad to see 2 people saying this -- I bitched a while back when she played some soundtrack-linked oldie (mighta been "Just Dropped In" from Big Lebowski)and was roundly flamed on FB for being too picky.  Did she really play my Tom Jones request? If so I'll have to listen tonite. Sounds like it was fairly underwhelming overall.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

But yeah, the playing of a song grossly out of its time frame for as thin of a connection as a movie is dubious to put it mildly.

Actually, I have a friend who put a 2000-themed album together that included "The Long And Winding Road", which resulted in a fairly heated argument as well.

glad to see 2 people saying this -- I bitched a while back when she played some soundtrack-linked oldie (mighta been "Just Dropped In" from Big Lebowski)and was roundly flamed on FB for being too picky.  Did she really play my Tom Jones request? If so I'll have to listen tonite. Sounds like it was fairly underwhelming overall.

I concur, it's cheating -- although I can't say it ruined the set for me.  Yes, she played Stereophonics w Tom Jones.
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »

It wasn't "Sex Bomb"...it was "Mama Told Me Not to Come."  Still not a bad choice.

Ick--come to think of it, I hope my request for "Someday Out of the Blue" isn't what inspired her to play "Tiny Dancer"...  ::)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:05:59 PM by radical347 »

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 12:32:49 PM »
Kinda swamped at work today, so I may skip this one (and won't feel bad about missing 2000). Even AL implied on the g-snipes page that she wasn't exactly thrilled.
What's the g-snipes page?

G-snipes is a private Facebook page, and the membership consists of a select group of 10at10 fans (and complainers) culled from AnnaLisa main FB page.    Someone here can get you invited if you want. 

I think I have enough snark in my life as it is...

Well said!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 02:12:33 PM »
Kinda swamped at work today, so I may skip this one (and won't feel bad about missing 2000). Even AL implied on the g-snipes page that she wasn't exactly thrilled.
What's the g-snipes page?

G-snipes is a private Facebook page, and the membership consists of a select group of 10at10 fans (and complainers) culled from AnnaLisa main FB page.    Someone here can get you invited if you want. 

I think I have enough snark in my life as it is...

Well said!

I thought it was a little snarky myself.  nyuk!  (j/k)
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »
04/10/12 - Tuesday! The Not So Distant Past...2000!

1. Everclear – AM Radio
2. Eric Clapton with B.B. King – Riding with the King
(Movie: High Fidelity - Rob (John Cusack) “What came first, the music or the misery?”
3. Aimee Mann – Save Me
4. U2 – Stuck In A Moment
(Movie: Gladiator – Maximus (Russell Crowe) tells Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix) "I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.”
5. Johnny Cash – I Won’t Back Down (B.O.S. Tie!)
6. Bob Dylan – Things Have Changed
(Movie: Erin Brockovich- Erin (Julia Roberts) tells PG&E attorneys what to do with their low-ball offer  “Anything less is a waste of my time.”
7. 3 Doors Down – Kryptonite
8. Tom Jones & Stereophonics – Mama Told Me Not to Come
(Movie: Almost Famous – Trailer...bus scene singing Tiny Dancer)
9.  Elton John-Tiny Dancer (B.O.S. Tie!)
(News: Dan Rather/Bob Schieffer-"If Bush wins, he owes Ralph Nader.")
10. Barenaked Ladies-Pinch Me
(News: folksy Dan Rather: “The presidential race still hotter than a Laredo parking lot)

Save me, I'm stuck in a moment! Pinch me!  Well, I dunno. I really would've preferred the hilariously cheezy "Sex Bomb" to the 3DN cover -- if nothing else, Mousse-T is the most ridiculous rapper name ever. I've no need to catch the replay on this one.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »
Save me, I'm stuck in a moment! Pinch me!  Well, I dunno. I really would've preferred the hilariously cheezy "Sex Bomb" to the 3DN cover -- if nothing else, Mousse-T is the most ridiculous rapper name ever. I've no need to catch the replay on this one.

Have you heard the even more hilariously cheezy "Horny" by Mousse T vs. Hot N Juicy?  That's one for 1998...