Author Topic: KPOO etc week of 3/6/12  (Read 3247 times)

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KPOO etc week of 3/6/12
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:35:42 AM »
TANC: just after Gaz posted on FB about Ace Spectrum's fab "Don't Send Nobody Else", JJ plays it.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KPOO etc week of 3/6/12
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
2NG's Retro-Chart is from March 1975 today -- I may have to forego AL's 1990 excursion.

The Moments & Whatnauts get an early VHM for "Girls"

OMG -- this Osmonds tune "Havin' a party" is NTM. Not the Sam Cooke, tune, it's a rather awful "Down By the Lazy River" knockoff. And we're told it features backing vox by... Simon & Garfunkel?? WTFF?

Glad I stuck with this -- BOS Love Unltd "It May Be Winter Outside..."

and it's always interesting to hear something by Mud -- they had 18 Top 40 hits in the UK (!) -- most were Top 20 -- and never once charted in America.

uber-BOS2: Cockney Rebel "Come Up & See Me"

OMGWTFLOL: Telly Savalas SINGS!!  oh wait... he's doing a dramatic reading of Bread's "If" accompanied by orch & chorus.  Ye gawds.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 10:54:16 AM by RGMike »

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:17 AM »
2NG's Retro-Chart is from March 1975 today -- I may have to forego AL's 1990 excursion.

OMGWTFLOL: Telly Savalas SINGS!!  oh wait... he's doing a dramatic reading of Bread's "If" accompanied by orch & chorus.  Ye gawds.

I took your advice and went over to the Retro Chart on 2NG as well. 

It's a great radio idea: replay the chart hits in order from a long gone year.  A lot of us hear Casey Kasem's replay show, which are the actual shows from way back when,  but these 2NG shows are done live, so you hear updated info from the deejay.  Pretty fun.

Yes, that Telly Savalas song was a trip.   A bad trip!

http://www.2ngradio.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81&Itemid=88
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »

I took your advice and went over to the Retro Chart on 2NG as well. 

It's a great radio idea: replay the chart hits in order from a long gone year.  A lot of us hear Casey Kasem's replay show, which are the actual shows from way back when,  but these 2NG shows are done live, so you hear updated info from the deejay.  Pretty fun.

Capital Gold (when they were good) had a similar show and they'd have (in-studio with the DJ)  an artist who had a hit near the top of the chart they were counting down, and they'd reminisce. Very cool.