Author Topic: 9 Feb 2012: it's... 1991  (Read 7744 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 9 Feb 2012: it's... 1991
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 10:41:52 AM »
BOS for Richard Thompson, a fave of mine. I don't recall hearing him on 10at10 before.

Yes, a rare appearance.  I wish he had shown some of his amazing guitarin' skills, though.  I saw him solo at HSBG one year and he brought tears to my eyes.  I was really feeling it.

Not a huge Bonnie Raitt fan, but this is pleasant in a quiet storm kind of way.  Where's Anita Baker?
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 10:43:18 AM »
Ok, this is a little better.  HM's to Richard Thompson and Bonnie Raitt.

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »
BOS for Richard Thompson, a fave of mine. I don't recall hearing him on 10at10 before.

Yes, a rare appearance.  I wish he had shown some of his amazing guitarin' skills, though.  I saw him solo at HSBG one year and he brought tears to my eyes.  I was really feeling it.

Not a huge Bonnie Raitt fan, but this is pleasant in a quiet storm kind of way.  Where's Anita Baker?
I see RT solo every year at Montalvo, up close. He is awesome.
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »
LN1 Jesus H. Jones!

well, so much for my "-1"  ;)

I take it from what I've read here that the "big surprises at the end" never materialized?  Glad I passed.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
This is our 4th 90s set in 8 days...   :o 8) ;D :-X
(Monday's was the 3rd in 5 days!)

I first read "4th" as "40th." We call that exaggeration for effect.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 01:24:26 PM »
dear gawd save us from INXS. Adam B is my new most-annoying FB request person. (Crowded House, U2 *and* Jesus Jones? dude, seriously?)

oh and SRW wants "Rico Suave"  ::)

I think AB blocked me. I haven't been able to see anything from him for a couple of weeks. It's kind of discombobulating, actually. Maybe one of my sons accidentally blocked him when playing with my phone.
Slipping into something

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »
dear gawd save us from INXS. Adam B is my new most-annoying FB request person. (Crowded House, U2 *and* Jesus Jones? dude, seriously?)

I think AB blocked me. I haven't been able to see anything from him for a couple of weeks. It's kind of discombobulating, actually. Maybe one of my sons accidentally blocked him when playing with my phone.

Either that or he deleted his posts... I searched in vain for the reference above as well.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »
02/09/12 - Thursday! Movin' On Back to... 1991 !

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
 2. Big Audio Dynamite II - The Globe
(Movie: What About Bob -  Dr. Leo Marvin (Richard Dreyfuss): "Keep sailing, Bob!")
 3. Jesus Jones - Right Here Right Now
(Movie: What About Bob - Bob (Bill Murray) isn't really back - he's on vacation)
 4. Primal Scream - Movin' on Up
(Movie: Fisher King)
 5. Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend
 6. Robyn Hitchcock and the Egyptians - So You Think You're in Love
 7. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Learning to Fly
(News: Iraq to meet with Allied coalition discuss truce terms; key witness in prosecution of Manuel Noriega found dead in Florida)
 8. Richard Thompson - I Misunderstood
 9. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me (B.O.S!)
(Movie: Thelma & Louise - The offensive trucker just won't apologize)
10. EMF - Unbelieveable

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »
"Unbelieveable" was an appropriate closer. I *love* that Matthew Sweet album but even I would've uber-LN'd that song.  A couple of rarities is small compensation here.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 03:56:45 PM »

Either that or he deleted his posts... I searched in vain for the reference above as well.

No man, I can't see anything from him. If four people "like" a comment, and when I click on it, I only see three, then I know he's the fourth. It can get confusing, like when I saw RGMike -1 the Jesus Jones and didn't see that anyone had requested it, I almost commented that RGMike was demeriting it in advance. I couldn't see that AB had requested it.

This is probably as good a place as any to say that I like that Jesus Jones song and haven't gotten sick of it through all these years. Real, Real, Real, on the other hand . . .
Slipping into something

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 03:58:20 PM »

I see RT solo every year at Montalvo, up close. He is awesome.

I work in the town where Montalvo is. Do you live nearby?
Slipping into something

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 04:01:02 PM »

No man, I can't see anything from him. If four people "like" a comment, and when I click on it, I only see three, then I know he's the fourth. It can get confusing, like when I saw RGMike -1 the Jesus Jones and didn't see that anyone had requested it, I almost commented that RGMike was demeriting it in advance. I couldn't see that AB had requested it.

This is probably as good a place as any to say that I like that Jesus Jones song and haven't gotten sick of it through all these years. Real, Real, Real, on the other hand . . .

Wait a sec, IE. Maybe he blocked you, too! Which would mean I'm lumped in with the elitists. I'd better start wearing my Crüe t-shirts on the Annalisa page.
Slipping into something

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 04:06:17 PM »

So, he blocks you but likes your comment. Not sure the name of the issue, but it sure ain't healthy.

Jesus Jones is one of those bands from the early 90's that I just don't grow tired of.