Author Topic: 3 Jan 2012: it's... 1988  (Read 11096 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
3 Jan 2012: it's... 1988
« on: January 02, 2012, 06:30:05 PM »
and I've already had to -1 the Wilburys. Sheesh.

But what I really hate is when you post a request and 3 mins later someone else requests a far-more-overexposed song by the same artist.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:36:08 PM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Jan 2012: it's... 1988
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
I start work tomorrow - a 3 day stretch with NO chance of listening live.  Boo.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 06:55:48 PM »

But what I really hate is when you post a request and 3 mins later someone else requests a far-more-overexposed song by the same artist.
I think you are quite correct about the Wilburys, even if I wouldn't mind hearing them amidst most 80's dreck, but I think your criticism of the Living Colour tracks is unwarranted.  Glamour Boys is totally lightweight compared to Cult of Personality, and the rareness index cannot overcome its shortcomings.  JMTC
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »

I think you are quite correct about the Wilburys, even if I wouldn't mind hearing them amidst most 80's dreck, but I think your criticism of the Living Colour tracks is unwarranted.  Glamour Boys is totally lightweight compared to Cult of Personality, and the rareness index cannot overcome its shortcomings.  JMTC

But "Glamour Boys" Is a very GAY lyric, even tho' Corey Glover wasn't officially out at the time.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 08:07:39 PM »

But "Glamour Boys" Is a very GAY lyric, even tho' Corey Glover wasn't officially out at the time.

Living Colour did a good cover of the THead's Memories Can't Wait.  I saw them (LC) do it at CBGB's, beeyotches.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:24:13 PM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 08:51:03 PM »

Wait...he's da gay?? 

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 09:48:08 PM »
Living Colour did a good cover of the THead Memories Can't Wait.  I saw them (LC) do it at CBGB's, beeyotches.
Good is an understatement. THAT would be a hell of a cut for her to play from Vivid. Maybe that's where I saw you before -- at East Coast rock n roll shows in the late 80's.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 10:30:58 PM »
Living Colour did a good cover of the THead Memories Can't Wait.  I saw them (LC) do it at CBGB's, beeyotches.
Good is an understatement. THAT would be a hell of a cut for her to play from Vivid. Maybe that's where I saw you before -- at East Coast rock n roll shows in the late 80's.

You're right.  It's better than merely "good!".

I've only been to CBGB's a couple of times... Living Colour was def the biggest name I saw there. 
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 08:00:01 AM »

Wait...he's da gay??

he a BIG o'l queen, honey.  I saw him at some event that ABC sent me to back in '89 or so; the lyrics of "Glamour Boys" had piqued my interest and when I saw him in person I put 2 + 2 together.  He's been touring as Judas in "JC Superstar" of late.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:51 AM »
he a BIG o'l queen, honey.  I saw him at some event that ABC sent me to back in '89 or so; the lyrics of "Glamour Boys" had piqued my interest and when I saw him in person I put 2 + 2 together.  He's been touring as Judas in "JC Superstar" of late.

Corey's either bi, living a lie, or your gaydar went awry:

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/encounter/59701/

And Vernon Reid is the lyricist for Living Colour.
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »

Corey's either bi, living a lie, or your gaydar went awry:

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/encounter/59701/

And Vernon Reid is the lyricist for Living Colour.

well, somebody gay wrote that song.  ;)  Oops!

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 10:03:14 AM »
Sledgehammer to the max!
(GNR)
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:35 AM »
The completely unnecessary Midnight Oil just got a "WOW!" on FB.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 10:09:42 AM »
The completely unnecessary Midnight Oil just got a "WOW!" on FB.
I was just about to post that exact same quote!
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »
dunno who that clip was -- but BOS "Damn yo' EYES", honey!