Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 263947 times)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #765 on: June 14, 2012, 07:55:12 AM »
BART not running in the tube -- BIG fire in West Oakland. I'm stranded at home, at least temporarily.

With that and a bigwig conference up in Napa, our office is about 25% full right now.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 05, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »
I'll be at a conference in SF Thurs/Fri/Sat -- so no 10@10s, Facebook, message board, Casey Kasem... nuthin' during daytime hours.  Hope I don't miss anything interesting, tho' I can always catch up on the various PM replays. Have fun and take notes!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 05, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
I'll be at a conference in SF Thurs/Fri/Sat -- so no 10@10s, Facebook, message board, Casey Kasem... nuthin' during daytime hours.  Hope I don't miss anything interesting, tho' I can always catch up on the various PM replays. Have fun and take notes!

I'll try to carry the mantle on Friday. Can't do anything Thursday though  :-[

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 11, 2012, 01:18:06 PM »
The "Ultimate Music Database" website (where you can look up any Billboard or UK chart ever published) has been blocked by my employer, which classifies it as... an "on-line gambling" site.  WTFF?  (they block the Calif Lottery results too but that at least makes sense.)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:10 AM »
The "Ultimate Music Database" website (where you can look up any Billboard or UK chart ever published) has been blocked by my employer, which classifies it as... an "on-line gambling" site.  WTFF?  (they block the Calif Lottery results too but that at least makes sense.)

Are you sure Kaiser isn't a front for the Republican party or something? These are strange and paranoid times we're living in.
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 12, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »

"I'll wager 50 quatloos that The Osmonds 'One Bad Apple' charted longer than The Jackson Five's 'ABC'!"

and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 12, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »

Awesome website, by the way. I used it back in the day when Annalisa solicited requests. Still look at it as I'm compiling my own Top 100 database at home.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 12, 2012, 03:12:21 PM »

Awesome website, by the way. I used it back in the day when Annalisa solicited requests. Still look at it as I'm compiling my own Top 100 database at home.

Meanwhile, another Chart site has bitten the dust:

http://www.chartstats.com/index.php

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: January 01, 2013, 01:05:54 AM »
Happy new year to all of the original 10@10 Club... I am very glad to have continued our dialog for another year. Cheers!4
Jim
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 01, 2013, 09:37:32 AM »
Happy new year to all of the original 10@10 Club... I am very glad to have continued our dialog for another year. Cheers!4
Jim

Right back atcha, bub. Happy New Year to all.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:48 PM »
Jim

oh yeah... Happy New Year to you all!
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #776 on: January 04, 2013, 11:40:15 PM »
Jim

oh yeah... Happy New Year to you all!
indeedely!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: January 16, 2013, 09:53:04 AM »
Hey Urth: since you're in town... Richie Unterberger is doing one of his rock history lectures tonite at the SF Library on Page St. Something about Charlie Watts... two hours of rare Rolling Stones film clips from the 1960s and early 1970s. 6:30-8:30pm, Admission is free.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:56:04 AM by RGMike »

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 16, 2013, 10:09:33 AM »
Hey Urth: since you're in town... Richie Unterberger is doing one of his rock history lectures tonite at the SF Library on Page St. Something about Charlie Watts... two hours of rare Rolling Stones film clips from the 1960s and early 1970s. 6:30-8:30pm, Admission is free.

I heard that on Gory's thing. Very tempting but getting home (in Marin) from the Haight afterward would be challenging. Wish it was on a Saturday afternoon.
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: February 01, 2013, 09:09:21 AM »
So I am walking from the BART station to the office this morning and pass an impromptu street vendor selling Niner hats and scarves and I'm inspired to a new song based on a classic CSN&Y song.  Mine will be called "Almost Bought Some Niner Crap" and will chronicle my attempts to climb on the niner bandwagon or at least root for the wheels to stay on the damned thing so that all my niner fan friends can be happy.  But it's hard, and it's not going well.

I will be glad when it's over.

Go Niners.  Really.  I mean it, man!
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing