Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 263935 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #690 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:47 AM »
Time for the annual "who'll be around for the holidays?" survey.

I'll be taking my usual Xmas-thru-New Year's "staycation" -- my last day of work is Wed 12/21 and I'll be back in the office Tue 1/3/12. Posting a lot from home, of course, and seeing a lot of movies. 

I'm guessing that (unlike years past) AL will not be taking next week off since she had all those extra vacay days last month.  But I've been wrong before...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 19, 2011, 10:49:46 AM »

I'll be taking my usual Xmas-thru-New Year's "staycation" -- my last day of work is Wed 12/21 and I'll be back in the office Tue 1/3/12. Posting a lot from home, of course, and seeing a lot of movies. 

I'm guessing that (unlike years past) AL will not be taking next week off since she had all those extra vacay days last month.  But I've been wrong before...
I'm going going gone at the end of the week. It's hula time. Christmas dinner luau. Back Jan 3. Once more Sharks game on the 21st.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 19, 2011, 10:52:29 AM »

I'm going going gone at the end of the week. It's hula time. Christmas dinner luau. Back Jan 3.

woo hoo! Mele Kalikimakka! (sp?)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 19, 2011, 11:54:28 AM »
Chicago 12/24 through 12/29

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 19, 2011, 12:26:22 PM »
How about tomorrow or Wednesday night?  I'll be kid-free, but working 'til 6ish......

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 19, 2011, 12:54:40 PM »
Time for the annual "who'll be around for the holidays?" survey.  I'll be taking my usual Xmas-thru-New Year's "staycation" -- my last day of work is Wed 12/21 and I'll be back in the office Tue 1/3/12. Posting a lot from home, of course, and seeing a lot of movies.
Phoenix 12/23-27, otherwise 'staycation' - attending to some chores, catching up with some friends and movies until back to work Jan 4th.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 19, 2011, 02:55:39 PM »

I'm off the week following Christmas, but my staycation has been damaged by the owner of the condo I rent, who wants to move back.  So, I'll be packing up the belongings, looking for a new place, etc. etc.  Bah humbug.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 19, 2011, 07:11:22 PM »

I'm off the week following Christmas, but my staycation has been damaged by the owner of the condo I rent, who wants to move back.  So, I'll be packing up the belongings, looking for a new place, etc. etc.  Bah humbug.
Aww, sorry man.  Merry effing Christmas!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 19, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »

Impeccable timing, eh? Sorry to hear that, Rod. Good luck with the househunting.

As for me, Sarah and I are spending the holiday (and not too much more) in Marin. Flying down Saturday, returning home on Tuesday. Mostly just family time, I think but we may try to arrange a hookup with whoever's willing to trudge over to Marin sometime Monday. This is still in the discussion phase, location and time tbd.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 20, 2011, 09:31:20 AM »

Bummer. Good luck on a new landing pad. Moving sucks.
Sharks bleed teal.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »
Going through my stuff, and ran across my very first baseball glove, circa 1967.  A Sports Master J-300, can't tell the maker.  I might do a google search in a minute.  I wish I had my original Willie Mays bat day bball bat from the same period. 

Still, what do you do with something like this at age 52?  I can't throw it away.  But I don't really see the need to keep it either.  But there is nothing -- absolutely nothing! -- I loved more than that baseball glove when I was 10 years old.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 29, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »
Going through my stuff, and ran across my very first baseball glove, circa 1967.  A Sports Master J-300, can't tell the maker.  I might do a google search in a minute.  I wish I had my original Willie Mays bat day bball bat from the same period. 

Still, what do you do with something like this at age 52?  I can't throw it away.  But I don't really see the need to keep it either.  But there is nothing -- absolutely nothing! -- I loved more than that baseball glove when I was 10 years old.

MIKE!!!!  It finally happened!  This post did NOT show up for a while.  It was like it didn't take until I made it show up by refreshing a few times.  Excellent.  Now I know the symptoms a bit better.  Still a random kind of deal, but I've reproduced it.  Always a help when trying to troubleshoot.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 30, 2011, 12:09:49 AM »

Keep it. Doesn't matter where, just keep it. You would regret tossing it out far more than you'll regret hanging on to it. If it gives you even a little bit of pleasure to recall what it was like at 10 to be playing ball with it, it has earned its keep.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 30, 2011, 01:14:01 AM »

Keep it. Doesn't matter where, just keep it. You would regret tossing it out far more than you'll regret hanging on to it. If it gives you even a little bit of pleasure to recall what it was like at 10 to be playing ball with it, it has earned its keep.
Agreed.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 30, 2011, 08:17:08 PM »

Got any baseball-interested nephews or nieces?  Or a Boys' Club type organization that provides gifts to kids?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”