Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 267424 times)

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #630 on: August 15, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »
My Dad passed away either very late Thursday or very early on Friday. I was siting here at my computer when I got the call. He was in hospice care for about 6 weeks, wonderful place. Service Monday. I'm doing OK. I had cancelled a biz trip to San Diego Wed-Fri and very glad I did. I spent about 7 hours at his side Thursday, leaving about 7pm.
Ali, my sincere condolences.  Thanks for keeping us posted about your dad the last few months.  I had a very similar experience with my dad ten years ago.   We're all thinking of you.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 15, 2011, 09:33:01 PM »
Thanks all. Everything went well. Still have estate work to wrap up and happy things are going well with my brother. We have had no conflicts. So thankful.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #632 on: August 15, 2011, 10:23:36 PM »
Thanks all. Everything went well. Still have estate work to wrap up and happy things are going well with my brother. We have had no conflicts. So thankful.
I missed your post earlier, much healing beams your way.  I think it's a good sign you're doing well with your brother.  You have been through a lot, and your dad's suffering is done.  I lost my dad in 1995, and still miss him.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 16, 2011, 10:41:25 AM »

Sending my condolences your way.  Thanks for keeping us posted.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 19, 2011, 11:22:11 PM »
I know it's basically meaningless, but I just confirmed what has slowly been occurring to me; I seem to be the oldest teacher at my high school.  Damn.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 31, 2011, 08:47:36 AM »
So, I made a somewhat last-minute decision and am taking vacay days to give myself a 5-day Labor Day weekend, starting tomorrow.

Thurs morning I'm having breakfast at Little Griddle, a new place at Market & 10th that's supposed to be yummy (and looks it):

http://www.thechilidog.net/2011/08/little-griddle-1400-market-st-near-10th.html

and then in the afternoon the computer doctor is making a housecall to try and diagnose WTF is wrong with my painfully sluggish and unresponsive PC.

Friday I'm thinking dim sum out at Ton Kiang -- if anyone's free and wants to join me, give a shout.

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 31, 2011, 10:28:16 PM »
So, I made a somewhat last-minute decision and am taking vacay days to give myself a 5-day Labor Day weekend, starting tomorrow.

Thurs morning I'm having breakfast at Little Griddle, a new place at Market & 10th that's supposed to be yummy (and looks it):

and then in the afternoon the computer doctor is making a housecall to try and diagnose WTF is wrong with my painfully sluggish and unresponsive PC.

Friday I'm thinking dim sum out at Ton Kiang -- if anyone's free and wants to join me, give a shout.

WHAT!? No movies? What's on your movie radar right now?
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 31, 2011, 10:37:41 PM »

You thought I'd go 5 days without film?  This weekend I plan to see The Help, Crazy Stupid Love, Our Idiot Brother and probably something on On-Demand.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 31, 2011, 11:02:50 PM »

You thought I'd go 5 days without film?  This weekend I plan to see The Help, Crazy Stupid Love, Our Idiot Brother and probably something on On-Demand.
Whew! What a relief. Someone asked me if I wanted to see The Debt. I haven't a clue.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 01, 2011, 10:40:43 AM »
Someone asked me if I wanted to see The Debt. I haven't a clue.

Helen Mirren fights Nazis.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 01, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »

Hot.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 01, 2011, 11:04:13 AM »

Hot.

Speaking of Helen Mirren, is there any reason to check out the US version of Prime Suspect?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 01, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »

Hot.

Speaking of Helen Mirren, is there any reason to check out the US version of Prime Suspect?

Haven't heard whether it's good or bad. I like Maria Bello, but it's like... why not just call it something else? Your target demo has never heard of/seen the original anyway.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 01, 2011, 02:02:24 PM »
Computer doctor just left, taking my CPU with him. Apparently I have a damaged hard drive. Luckily I've got the netbook.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 02, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »
Sharks bleed teal.