Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 264039 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #615 on: July 22, 2011, 03:47:13 PM »

I am selling an armoire and TV.  I need to make room for some furniture acquired from my Dad. Any of you interested? Special deal for any of you. See listing at http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/fuo/2506865248.html
Thanks.

I'm interested, but need to know the depth.  I'm assuming the listing is 74" high, and 40" wide.  The place it would go is near the entrance of the guest room in my house, and if it sticks out to far in the depth dimension it will really cut off the entryway.  But only if it is unusually deep.
Keep in mind it is really built for a TV as the thing the TV is on slides out and swivels and there's an opening in the back for cords to exit. I called and asked Nicole to measure. It is approx 20" deep. The doors that open on the front slide in as you see it open in the image. Thanks for asking.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: July 26, 2011, 10:10:46 AM »
I've been less of a presence lately - been kinda busy and stressed out.  As a few of you have noticed on FB, I find myself preparing to move *yet again*.  I'd wanted to stay on St. Marks for a while, but the place really is tiny and the landlord's upping the rent $100.  So bye-bye me.

Good news now, though: we've just submitted an application and deposit for a two-floor 4BR (for the same price as our current 2BR) in the McKibbin lofts, a huge converted warehouse that is home to a large array of creative types.  I'll say more in a few days if we get the place.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: July 26, 2011, 10:12:30 AM »
I've been less of a presence lately - been kinda busy and stressed out.  As a few of you have noticed on FB, I find myself preparing to move *yet again*.  I'd wanted to stay on St. Marks for a while, but the place really is tiny and the landlord's upping the rent $100.  So bye-bye me.

Good news now, though: we've just submitted an application and deposit for a two-floor 4BR (for the same price as our current 2BR) in the McKibbin lofts, a huge converted warehouse that is home to a large array of creative types.  I'll say more in a few days if we get the place.

fingers crossed for ya, bub. (but please don't become a Williamsburg hipster-douchebag)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: July 26, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »

fingers crossed for ya, bub. (but please don't become a Williamsburg hipster-douchebag)
Yeah, crossing my fingers for ya, too!  Sounds like a great place to be.   :)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 26, 2011, 05:11:53 PM »
I've been less of a presence lately - been kinda busy and stressed out.  As a few of you have noticed on FB, I find myself preparing to move *yet again*.  I'd wanted to stay on St. Marks for a while, but the place really is tiny and the landlord's upping the rent $100.  So bye-bye me.

Good news now, though: we've just submitted an application and deposit for a two-floor 4BR (for the same price as our current 2BR) in the McKibbin lofts, a huge converted warehouse that is home to a large array of creative types.  I'll say more in a few days if we get the place.

Yeah, crossing my fingers for ya, too!  Sounds like a great place to be.   :)

yeah, cool. You might live in Billyburg!  The first time I went there was back the 80s.  very desolate, but super cool spaces.  I knew someone who lived in an industrial space, a live/work building with tall ceilings, low floors - :) - and large windows.  It might be what Soho felt like in the early 70s when the artists types started to gentrify it.  I remember seeing a couple hat shops that sold these really expensive beaver fur fedoras made by Borsalino.  Of course, the primary customers were Hasidim.   Saw a few Orthodox Jews, too.

isn't one of the largest Jewish Congregations HQ'd in W'burg?

ok here's a Jewsish joke for you:

A Jewish sailor was shipwrecked on a desert island and the first thing he did was build two synagogues....
 Years later when he was rescued people were bewildered and asked him: Why he built two synagogues... to which he replied.

"Oh that other one... I would NEVER go there!"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 05:14:35 PM by Tinka Cat »
~CPL593H~

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 02, 2011, 11:48:58 AM »
I'm either going to melt or fry. Maybe both. Heading to Dallas in a few hours. It is 105-110 where I'm going. Back Weds. night.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 02, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »
I'm either going to melt or fry. Maybe both. Heading to Dallas in a few hours. It is 105-110 where I'm going.

That's why Lone Star Beer comes in big bottles, baby!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 09, 2011, 07:46:01 AM »
By now you've heard about the big BART clusterf**k last nite:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/09/BA191KL1PI.DTL

I missed it by 10 minutes!  Went to the movies after work (see Movie Thread) and had a quick bite in the SF Center food court. I was thisclose to walking across the street to do some shopping but decided I'd go home instead.  I got out of BART at Mission/24th at 7:22... literally 10 minutes before the whole damn system shut down. *phew!*

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 14, 2011, 11:44:51 PM »
My Dad passed away either very late Thursday or very early on Friday. I was siting here at my computer when I got the call. He was in hospice care for about 6 weeks, wonderful place. Service Monday. I'm doing OK. I had cancelled a biz trip to San Diego Wed-Fri and very glad I did. I spent about 7 hours at his side Thursday, leaving about 7pm.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 15, 2011, 07:55:21 AM »
My Dad passed away either very late Thursday or very early on Friday. I was siting here at my computer when I got the call. He was in hospice care for about 6 weeks, wonderful place. Service Monday. I'm doing OK. I had cancelled a biz trip to San Diego Wed-Fri and very glad I did. I spent about 7 hours at his side Thursday, leaving about 7pm.

My heart goes out to ya, Ali.  We're all thinking of you today.

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 15, 2011, 08:10:42 AM »
I know how difficult this must be for you.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 15, 2011, 08:49:30 AM »

I'm very sorry about your loss. :(  I'll be thinking of you.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 15, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »

I feel for you, Ali.  I lost my mom last year and it sucks.

I never met him, but I will raise a glass to him at some point.  He had a long life ... and a great daughter!
~CPL593H~

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 15, 2011, 09:21:29 AM »

I'm sorry for your loss Alicat.  Take care.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 15, 2011, 09:56:20 AM »

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. My condolences to you and your family.
Let's get right to it.