Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 267570 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #585 on: March 04, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »

(And were it to come to pass, it would mean the last 10 days or so have been pretty eventful for you on the employment scene, if you get my drift.)

No shit!  Well it is the year of the Rabbit/Hare, and that's me.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 26, 2011, 02:02:36 AM »
For those interested, there's an online fundraiser to help produce my next album. All the info is here:
http://www.indiegogo.com/Scenes-from-an-Icelandic-Novel-album-fundraiser

Thanks!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 14, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
The latest excuse for my not being on the board so much the past couple of weeks:

The startup I've been working on for the past two years has finally gotten some money & gotten incorporated.  I am now the co-founder (albeit with a much smaller stake than my partner who developed the tech), on the Board of Directors, and have about 5 job titles.

Still working from home, but basically on call 24/7.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 14, 2011, 10:53:26 AM »
The latest excuse for my not being on the board so much the past couple of weeks:

The startup I've been working on for the past two years has finally gotten some money & gotten incorporated.  I am now the co-founder (albeit with a much smaller stake than my partner who developed the tech), on the Board of Directors, and have about 5 job titles.

Congrats Mark!  Sounds like you going places.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 14, 2011, 03:53:48 PM »
The startup I've been working on for the past two years has finally gotten some money & gotten incorporated.  I am now the co-founder (albeit with a much smaller stake than my partner who developed the tech), on the Board of Directors, and have about 5 job titles. Still working from home, but basically on call 24/7.
Congrats Mark!  Sounds like you're going places.
Nice work Mark!  
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 04:02:57 PM by Wayback »

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 15, 2011, 09:07:31 PM »

Most excellent. Hope you get to fly high! (just fit with the Herb Alpert plane and all)
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 23, 2011, 09:45:10 AM »
Thanks. Went to nuerosurgeon today. Tumor a little smaller than a golf ball most likey metasticized fromm lung cancer of 2 years ago. Surgery being scheduled for next week at CPMC. Doc made it sound simple enough. It is located well with small percentage chance of motor loss on one side resulting from surgery. Radiation in area daily for 1-3 weeks afterward. I feel more possitive but still not great. I feel very fortunate to have flexibility at work to leave and be there for surgery etc...
Jeez Ali, I've been so busy, I missed this.  Deep healing beams for your dad sent your way.
Thanks Geoff. I thought about you on Wed. night as I drove almost right by your house. Nasty commute night due to rain so I left the hospital and took the beach way home. Great Highway closed at Lincoln so I detoured one street over and got out to Sloat and back on GH to Skyline. Took well over an hour to get home. Dad seems to be recovering well. Left ICU today and went to a regular room.
Fast forward 6 months or so....
My Dad did well but a tumor is back and he opted in May not to have surgery again and let nature take it's course. Not sure if any of you wondered (via my FB postings) why I have been in SF so often, eating my way throught the City. The decline is becoming apparent and he is hopefully getting into hospice care next week if not this weekend. Nice place in the Castro area. Not sure how everything plays out but so far I guess all is under control. My Mom has been at CPMC for the past 3 weeks recovering from an emergency surgery. Almost lost her but seems to be improving and may get out within a week.  Getting old and sick really sucks. I'm kind of worn out.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 23, 2011, 09:50:27 AM »
Thanks. Went to nuerosurgeon today. Tumor a little smaller than a golf ball most likey metasticized fromm lung cancer of 2 years ago. Surgery being scheduled for next week at CPMC. Doc made it sound simple enough. It is located well with small percentage chance of motor loss on one side resulting from surgery. Radiation in area daily for 1-3 weeks afterward. I feel more possitive but still not great. I feel very fortunate to have flexibility at work to leave and be there for surgery etc...
Jeez Ali, I've been so busy, I missed this.  Deep healing beams for your dad sent your way.
Thanks Geoff. I thought about you on Wed. night as I drove almost right by your house. Nasty commute night due to rain so I left the hospital and took the beach way home. Great Highway closed at Lincoln so I detoured one street over and got out to Sloat and back on GH to Skyline. Took well over an hour to get home. Dad seems to be recovering well. Left ICU today and went to a regular room.
My Dad did well but a tumor is back and he opted in May not to have surgery again and let nature take it's course. Not sure if any of you wondered (via my FB postings) why I have been in SF so often, eating my way throught the City. The decline is becoming apparent and he is hopefully getting into hospice care next week if not this weekend. Nice place in the Castro area. Not sure how everything plays out but so far I guess all is under control. My Mom has been at CPMC for the past 3 weeks recovering from an emergency surgery. Almost lost her but seems to be improving and may get out within a week.  Getting old and sick really sucks. I'm kind of worn out.

OMG. Hang in there, kid, we're thinking of you.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 23, 2011, 10:01:49 AM »
Thanks. Went to neurosurgeon today. Tumor a little smaller than a golf ball most likely metasticized from lung cancer of 2 years ago. Surgery being scheduled for next week at CPMC. Doc made it sound simple enough. It is located well with small percentage chance of motor loss on one side resulting from surgery. Radiation in area daily for 1-3 weeks afterward. I feel more positive but still not great. I feel very fortunate to have flexibility at work to leave and be there for surgery etc...
My Dad did well but a tumor is back and he opted in May not to have surgery again and let nature take it's course. Not sure if any of you wondered (via my FB postings) why I have been in SF so often, eating my way through the City. The decline is becoming apparent and he is hopefully getting into hospice care next week if not this weekend. Nice place in the Castro area. Not sure how everything plays out but so far I guess all is under control. My Mom has been at CPMC for the past 3 weeks recovering from an emergency surgery. Almost lost her but seems to be improving and may get out within a week.  Getting old and sick really sucks. I'm kind of worn out.
Yes it does; its hard to see our parents decline.  As Mike said, hang in there, our thoughts are with you!

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
I'm so sorry about everything, Ali.  I'm sending positive thoughts your way.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #595 on: June 23, 2011, 10:13:17 AM »
Treasure your time with your family.  Your presence is appreciated, and even when it's not noticed, it's still good. 
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 23, 2011, 10:47:40 AM »

From one cat to another: hang in there. Best thoughts to you!
~CPL593H~

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 23, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »
Sending good thoughts as well.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 23, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »
Hang in there Alicat.  I know it's tough.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 24, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »
Wow, can't imagine how you're bearing all of this. Having one ailing parent is really tough; having two at the same time is incomprehensible.

Just know we're all sending you good energy to get through it all, as well as for your folks. (If you don't mind my asking, do you have any siblings to share the load?)
Let's get right to it.