Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 267171 times)

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #510 on: June 17, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »
Gang, wish me luck: for the first time in my 15 or so years of living on my own, my mother is coming to visit tomorrow.  That is, assuming she doesn't back out - she has a number of phobias that considerably cripple her life.  (Enclosed spaces ranging from elevators to tunnels to theaters to airplanes, which she perceives as inescapable.)  I'm hoping NYC isn't too much for her, and that she digs what I've done with my world, and that she has a good time.  I'll be mostly off the board for the next few days as I (try to) show her the city.
Gaz
Good luck, Gaz!  I'm sure you'll be a great host.  I just had my mom (age 83) up here from Phoenix for her annual long weekend visit a month ago.  While I'm glad to see her and try to be a good host (and son), its still added stress because of her increasing mobility issues (knee & hip replacement) plus she's just a mom being a mom, i.e., although I do extra cleaning for her visit, the place is never clean enough, and questions like "why do you still listen to that rock & roll?"  Have fun with mom!  You gotta enjoy the time together while you can!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 17, 2010, 09:54:37 PM »
Gang, wish me luck: for the first time in my 15 or so years of living on my own, my mother is coming to visit tomorrow.  That is, assuming she doesn't back out - she has a number of phobias that considerably cripple her life.  (Enclosed spaces ranging from elevators to tunnels to theaters to airplanes, which she perceives as inescapable.)  I'm hoping NYC isn't too much for her, and that she digs what I've done with my world, and that she has a good time.  I'll be mostly off the board for the next few days as I (try to) show her the city.

Gaz

sounds fun --  treasure your time together!    I like Mike's ideas: Central Park, walking some hoods, drinks at a drag club.  You know, the usual.

~CPL593H~

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 17, 2010, 11:46:55 PM »

Gaz
Hope it is a fun and successful visit.
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 22, 2010, 11:28:03 PM »
Thought some of y'all might particularly appreciate this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20745656@N00/4722611739/
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 22, 2010, 11:52:24 PM »

just saw ya on FB and commented. I'm now wanting cheese and truffles. Can you FedEx?
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 23, 2010, 05:29:34 AM »
Dear 10@10 buddies,

In April 2010, Mari-José Estivariz (http://www.myspace.com/marijoseestivariz), Jake Wood (http://www.jakewood.net/) and I went to Paco Loco's (http://pacoloco.net/) studio to record Scenes from an Icelandic Novel. I'm very proud to announce the album will be released this Fall.

You can order your copy of Scenes From an Icelandic copy now.  A $30 (25€) donation will entitle you to a pre-release CD download, an autographed copy of the official CD (once released), and an autographed, limited edition copy of an acoustic version of the album. Your contribution will help with the mastering, production, duplication and promotion of the album, and a music video. My goal is to raise 7500€ ($9,285) by September 17, 2010.

Please visit this page:

http://www.ameliaray.net/sfainpresa.html

to read more about the project, listen to songs from the album and order your advance copy.

Thanks so much for your support!
-poc

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 23, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »

just saw ya on FB and commented. I'm now wanting cheese and truffles. Can you FedEx?

Not yet, but hopefully by year's end. Have patience--the truffles are worth the wait!
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:34 AM »

Not yet, but hopefully by year's end. Have patience--the truffles are worth the wait!
Bring me some on your next trip down this way?
Sharks bleed teal.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 24, 2010, 10:49:32 AM »

Bring me some on your next trip down this way?

OK, but we're still probably talking fall at earliest. I've got farmers markets 3 days a week, and sales and delivery calls the rest of the time. Not going much of anyplace beyond PDX or Salem this summer.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 08, 2010, 09:03:36 AM »
As I work in Downtown Oakland, we are all on pins'n'needles waiting for the Mehserle verdict.  There's a plan in place to evacuate us all and send us home if necessary, so if I suddenly disappear in the middle of 10@10 you'll know why...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 08, 2010, 10:33:52 AM »
As I work in Downtown Oakland, we are all on pins'n'needles waiting for the Mehserle verdict.  There's a plan in place to evacuate us all and send us home if necessary, so if I suddenly disappear in the middle of 10@10 you'll know why...
Great. You're safe in a building and they want to put you out in the mayhem? I guess sooner rather than later is good. Keep us posted.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 08, 2010, 10:36:46 AM »
Great. You're safe in a building and they want to put you out in the mayhem?

Maybe they want them to join in the mayhem!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 08, 2010, 04:33:10 PM »

A group here left the office at about 3:30 in fear that BART was going to have issues once the verdict came out.  We're about to see what an involuntary MS verdict will bring...

(I take a bus)
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 08, 2010, 06:46:57 PM »

A group here left the office at about 3:30 in fear that BART was going to have issues once the verdict came out.  We're about to see what an involuntary MS verdict will bring...

(I take a bus)

They evacuated our buildings (all near B'wy & 19th) at 3:15. BART was quite crowded but not unmanageable.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 09, 2010, 09:56:42 AM »

(I take a bus)

They evacuated our buildings (all near B'wy & 19th) at 3:15. BART was quite crowded but not unmanageable.

UPDATE: WE got the word that our buildings in downtown Oaktown would remain closed today "as a precaution", so an unexpected day off for me. Used the opportunity to sleep in. But seriously, who gets up early to riot?