Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 267433 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #450 on: January 08, 2010, 07:51:27 AM »
Condolences to all -- damn, this has been a bad week for everybody.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #451 on: January 08, 2010, 07:59:40 AM »
I know they say misery loves company, but certainly this puts it into perspective.  I'm not the only one in the universe who's got problems.  Let's all put the good vibes out there for each other.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 08, 2010, 08:27:50 AM »
Ouch.  Good vibes received and sent back out.  Take care of yourselves, everyone.

Maybe this is a sign that this year we should all launch a magazine or something.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 08, 2010, 08:43:37 AM »
Ouch.  Good vibes received and sent back out.  Take care of yourselves, everyone.

Maybe this is a sign that this year we should all launch a magazine or something.

I'm in. 

Hope things brighten up for everyone.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 08, 2010, 09:08:04 AM »
Heavens that is a lot of harshness out there for this group.

On the mildly plus side, I have three leads for jobs that seem likely to at least get to the interview stage, and I just sent a solid lead to Alicat as well.  Mayhap the nadir has been reached & the upswing is imminent.

I am heartened that our little community is willing to share the tough times and rally around each other.  I don't get that anywhere outside of my nuclear family.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 08, 2010, 09:13:02 AM »
I am heartened that our little community is willing to share the tough times and rally around each other.  I don't get that anywhere outside of my nuclear family.

Hear hear.  There is no oversharing with good friends.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 08, 2010, 11:31:22 AM »

Hear hear.  There is no oversharing with good friends.

Amen. Geoff, Princess you guys are receiving my good thoughts as well, as I know I am on the receiving end of yours.

It does seem that there's a lot of bad fortune swirling about these days. Just learned last night that a good friend had to put his dog to sleep a couple days ago, which is a huge blow to him--you never saw him without that dog by his side.

Thanks all, for the support and love. It really does make a difference.
cheers,
Jim
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 10, 2010, 06:04:02 AM »

Yeah, something called Pain, Ink.
:)
Thanks, guys.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 10, 2010, 04:59:51 PM »

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 10, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »

*You* *are* *a* *genius*.  I love it!!!

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2010, 12:14:01 AM »
WHEW. I missed a tough week here. Hope there is an upswing in life's balance for everyone. I keep up with you more via FB than here and I wish that were not the case. Mike, hope you're feeling better.

I still plug away at work almost every day. Broke down in tears after leaving a 10 hour day on Monday. New optimism every day. Gotta maintain optimism. My mom went home from the hospital on Dec 24 after being there since Sept 11. Still recovering at home and I don't have enough time to properly visit and pay in person attention to her. My father has overcome two types of cancer and is plugging away.

My absence here is hard for me and due to the fact that I'm slave labor. Luckily Bob is supportive and happy that I have a job. In a small way, I'm thankful to work as well. Geoff's post gives me pause as I always thought teaching was a safe haven and stable. I still ponder the potential for me to get my credential and teach but now worry about a huge investment of time and money with the potential of no job. How have I ended up like this after working hard and earning my MBA? I'm not a dumb blonde. I have never really felt "old" but I now worry about ageism and am I too old of a dog to learn new tricks? I can't even get a job offer to answer frickin phones because I'm looked at as too experienced. What if I just want to get my foot in the door and work hard? I guess I'm too old. Enough rambling. I think lack of proper sleep and lack of sunshine makes me sad.
Sharks bleed teal.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
WHEW. I missed a tough week here. Hope there is an upswing in life's balance for everyone. I keep up with you more via FB than here and I wish that were not the case. Mike, hope you're feeling better.

I still plug away at work almost every day. Broke down in tears after leaving a 10 hour day on Monday. New optimism every day. Gotta maintain optimism. My mom went home from the hospital on Dec 24 after being there since Sept 11. Still recovering at home and I don't have enough time to properly visit and pay in person attention to her. My father has overcome two types of cancer and is plugging away.

My absence here is hard for me and due to the fact that I'm slave labor. Luckily Bob is supportive and happy that I have a job. In a small way, I'm thankful to work as well. Geoff's post gives me pause as I always thought teaching was a safe haven and stable. I still ponder the potential for me to get my credential and teach but now worry about a huge investment of time and money with the potential of no job. How have I ended up like this after working hard and earning my MBA? I'm not a dumb blonde. I have never really felt "old" but I now worry about ageism and am I too old of a dog to learn new tricks? I can't even get a job offer to answer frickin phones because I'm looked at as too experienced. What if I just want to get my foot in the door and work hard? I guess I'm too old. Enough rambling. I think lack of proper sleep and lack of sunshine makes me sad.
sorry if my problems color your dreams.  Education is supposedly a good growth industry.  I just think there's no truly safe job anymore.  My district is kind of weird and insular.  I definitely think you want to get out of the cell phone gig, when it suits you.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 22, 2010, 03:18:39 PM »
Comcast just left -- High-speed internet RULES!!  (As if I don't spend enuf time on-line already)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 22, 2010, 07:15:46 PM »
Comcast just left -- High-speed internet RULES!!  (As if I don't spend enuf time on-line already)
welcome to the future, which is already in progress!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 23, 2010, 12:50:16 AM »

You have not yet begun to be amazed.  Wait till you start streaming multiple broadcasts and muting whichever one's boring at the time.