Author Topic: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life  (Read 263999 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: I'm tryin' to tell you somethin' 'bout my life
« Reply #375 on: July 01, 2009, 09:49:01 PM »
So, who's where for the holiday weekend (assuming you have Friday off)?
we're playing music at the Bethany Center in the Mission on the 4th, singing peace songs and such.

I'll have to remember to play Van Morrison's "Almost Independence Day" on Friday.  I went to a lot of trouble last year to find the CD, which was inexplicably out of print, for what I thought was one of his major CD's.  Goes to show, you don't ever know...
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 01, 2009, 09:54:42 PM »
I've got a 4-day weekend starting now, with no idea what to do with myself.  Neglected to make any plans.

if you're in town in Saturday, try to see some fireworks.  sort of makes it official, you know?  Not sure if you can get out of NY at all, but maybe some local town has a homemade style Fourth of July parade.  They can be cute.

Out here Bolinas has a nice one, but it's over in like 5 minutes.  Then the towns of Bolinas and Sinson Beach do a tug-of-war by stretching a rope over the Bolinas lagoon inlet.  The losers get wet.  It's the Women v the Women and the Men v. the Men.  Most times I've seen it, the Stinson men beat the Bolinas men, and the Bolinas women beat the Stinson women, which I find hilarious for some reason.  Maybe the Stinson ladies don't want to ruin their manicures?  and the Bolinas dudes are too stoned to care...?
~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 02, 2009, 12:25:12 AM »

I've got a 4-day weekend starting now, with no idea what to do with myself.  Neglected to make any plans.

Go get laid!

I'm going camping with the fambly & dog & wife's best friend's fambly up at Lassen Nat'l Park.  I intend to climb Lassen Peak but not sure who else in the group will go with me.  The summit is over 10,000 ft, but the parking lot for the trailhead is already above 8000, so it's really just a half day steep hike. 
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 02, 2009, 08:35:29 AM »

Go get laid!

I'm going camping with the fambly & dog & wife's best friend's fambly up at Lassen Nat'l Park.  I intend to climb Lassen Peak but not sure who else in the group will go with me.  The summit is over 10,000 ft, but the parking lot for the trailhead is already above 8000, so it's really just a half day steep hike. 

very cool.  I've only done the Brokeoff Mountain hike, which give you a view of Lassen Peak.  Nice varied terrain.  I think Lassen is pretty exposed much of the time.  Bumpass Hell is easy and fun, too.  the kiddies will love it.
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 02, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »
very cool.
no shit.  We camped there in Summer, and froze our buns off at night!

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 04, 2009, 04:34:27 PM »

Go get laid!

Haha, this ended up happening!  Not to get all TMI, but I was out at a dance club in the East Village with Andy until 4am, at which time we found an all-night diner to grab something to eat.  5:30 he went home to Queens, and I walked back to my place.  En route I got a hankering for a bagel, and stopped in a place that had just opened.  Met a guy there with whom I immediately clicked - a British musician, just in town for a month, who likewise had been up all night - and ended up spending the morning with him (after he regaled me with tunes ranging from Dylan's "It's Alright Ma" to some Magnetic Fields to Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game").  Wow, what a great start to the day.

Which is all to say: Thanks for the encouragement, and please continue forecasting my future; it seems to help!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 04, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »

Go get laid!

Haha, this ended up happening!  Not to get all TMI, but I was out at a dance club in the East Village with Andy until 4am, at which time we found an all-night diner to grab something to eat.  5:30 he went home to Queens, and I walked back to my place.  En route I got a hankering for a bagel, and stopped in a place that had just opened.  Met a guy there with whom I immediately clicked - a British musician, just in town for a month, who likewise had been up all night - and ended up spending the morning with him (after he regaled me with tunes ranging from Dylan's "It's Alright Ma" to some Magnetic Fields to Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game").  Wow, what a great start to the day.

Which is all to say: Thanks for the encouragement, and please continue forecasting my future; it seems to help!

Hot town, summer in the city! Summer lovin', had you a blast!  Congrats, bub -- you deserve some good romantic luck.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 05, 2009, 07:18:11 PM »

Go get laid!

Hot town, summer in the city! Summer lovin', had you a blast!  Congrats, bub -- you deserve some good romantic luck.

kudos on the skyrockets in flight, afternoon early morning delight!
~CPL593H~

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2009, 08:14:49 AM »

Go get laid!

kudos on the skyrockets in flight, afternoon early morning delight!

That's awesome!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 06, 2009, 08:17:50 AM »
That's awesome!

Princess! We've missed you!!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 24, 2009, 10:02:58 AM »
Seems like it's my turn to be handed a few trials to get through--my life in the last month has turned into a real struggle. Sarah's been away since before July 4, caring for her mom who has a whole raft of medical issues (enlarged heart, partially failing kidneys, ovarian cancer, to hit the high points). She nearly died last weekend, which required a last minute trip down to the bay area for me, but thankfully pulled through. I'm back now, but Sarah has no timetable for her return (mom's still in the hospital and recovery is slow) and I have a whole list of other things staring me in the face: a dispute with a contractor who did some work for us and then didn't pay his subs, need to catch up on work that I missed while in SF, impending houseguests, numerous household chores and upkeep on 12 acres, holding up our end on our partnership in the cheese company, etc. etc. etc. Oh, and one of our cats disappeared a few weeks ago. :(

Sorry for whining, but I just needed to get that out there. Probably relatively minor compared with what others have to face, but I am nonetheless considering changing my name to Job.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 24, 2009, 10:11:13 AM »
Seems like it's my turn to be handed a few trials to get through--my life in the last month has turned into a real struggle. Sarah's been away since before July 4, caring for her mom who has a whole raft of medical issues (enlarged heart, partially failing kidneys, ovarian cancer, to hit the high points). She nearly died last weekend, which required a last minute trip down to the bay area for me, but thankfully pulled through. I'm back now, but Sarah has no timetable for her return (mom's still in the hospital and recovery is slow) and I have a whole list of other things staring me in the face: a dispute with a contractor who did some work for us and then didn't pay his subs, need to catch up on work that I missed while in SF, impending houseguests, numerous household chores and upkeep on 12 acres, holding up our end on our partnership in the cheese company, etc. etc. etc. Oh, and one of our cats disappeared a few weeks ago. :(

Sorry for whining, but I just needed to get that out there. Probably relatively minor compared with what others have to face, but I am nonetheless considering changing my name to Job.

hang in there, bub. Those houseguests should maybe look into a motel, methinks.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 24, 2009, 10:43:05 AM »

Best of luck, buddy.  This too shall pass.  Take deep breaths and keep pluggin' along.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2009, 09:32:33 PM »

I'd been wondering what was up, and this now makes all the more sense regarding your facebook status updates.  Just take care of yourself first, then everything else will sort itself out.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 24, 2009, 10:29:13 PM »
Hang tough Jim!

If it's any encouragement I am out the other side of some enormously stressful days, but it was all work-related, and much of it was just having to pull off some commitments I'd made that all of a sudden landed on top of each other.  Plus houseguests.  That & my boss is worthless.

I have another friend whose mother is dying, been in a coma for a couple weeks & no likelihood of ever coming out of it, so I'll add thoughts for Sara to my thoughts for him.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010