Author Topic: Campaign 2012  (Read 17714 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign 2012
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 11:16:35 AM »
Sure Obama was terrible in the debate, but on what planet was Romney good? He looked more sure of himself while delivering irrelevant nonsense that has nothing to do with how he would govern?
Well put.  I think we can all agree that Obama seemed to not swat Romney down with all the ammo and opportunities he had.  I'm not sure, but earlier in the day, the right-wing blogosphere tried to smear him as racist by releasing an old video.  Perhaps Barack is just doing the Jackie Robinson thing; he has to stay cool, even when he has the right to get angry.  It seemed to kind of immobilize him. How many fucking times did Mitt spew the $716B bullshit about Medicare?  Obama explained it once, and Romney never stopped riffing on it.

well, this is a bit better:

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05election/2012/10/04/launching-new-attack-obama-says-the-real-mitt-romney-didnt-show-up-at-debate/
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »
If homeboy took his aggro routine this far, I think I'd have to vote for him:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/mitt-romney-adopts-new-ronnie-ferocious-persona-fo,29789/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=fb-image:headline:cta-content

If only a serious candidate would actually act like that, the country would advance by about 25 years.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Slipping into something

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 08:28:24 PM »
Slipping into something

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 12:31:54 PM »
Had to mention this... file it under "11th-hour desperation". I'm listening to WDAS-AM in Philly, as I usually do.  And I'm hearing a TON of commercials, not only for Romney but also for Tom Smith, the GOP Senate candidate in PA (running against incumbent Bob Casey. These ads were not running yesterday. Dunno how much these ads cost, or if they're part of a multi-station buy, but WDAS's audience is easily 85% black. So ads calling Obama a failure... probably falling on deaf ears.

Meanwhile the station followed a "get out and vote" promo with the 3 Degrees' "Year Of Decision". Nice.

ETA: and here we are the morning after and the first song I hear them play is Dionne W -- she's all thru with promises promises now! LOL!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:50:36 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round