Author Topic: 1974 on Thurs 7/21/05  (Read 3790 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« on: July 21, 2005, 07:59:55 AM »
the back-door is working...

TOTHC: "Pure & Easy"!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 08:06:01 AM »
"Life is a Rock" -- Katrina perhaps but always a treat for me.

"Listen ... they're playin' our song!"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 08:19:01 AM »
ooo! "Bridge of Sighs"...

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 08:21:44 AM »
a thousand lips I would love to taste...

BOS Stones "If You Can't Rock Me"

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 08:24:16 AM »
BOS to Jim Croce, "I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song."  When I was pursuing lyric-writing more fervently, that was the kind of concise completeness I strove for.  (Alas, I didn't know how to write melodies, only how to steal them, so I don't really do songwriting anymore.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 08:26:01 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

This totally suits my mood.

That really great job I was hoping for didn't materialize.  I was actually a candidate for both the 2nd & 3rd spots that opened up in this group, and have been passed over both times in favor of someone with direct industry experience.  Everyone kept telling me that I'd be a really good fit on the team & that my background would be a very good fit for the job, but in the end there's always someone with more relevant experience.

Bridge of Sighs indeed.

There's still some chance a 4th spot will open up & I'll get one more shot, but in the meantime I have to re-commit emotionally to this job until something better comes along.

Sigh.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 08:27:24 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
BOS to Jim Croce, "I'll Have to Say I Love You in a Song."  When I was pursuing lyric-writing more fervently, that was the kind of concise completeness I strove for.  (Alas, I didn't know how to write melodies, only how to steal them, so I don't really do songwriting anymore.)

indeed, that was lovely to hear today. Bob's been excellent lately, really giving Dave a run for his money. (Of course, Bob doesn't have to play late '80s/early '90s.)

BOS2: Godfather II "In my BEDROOM where my wife SLEEPS! ... where my childern come to play with their toys..."

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 08:31:47 AM »
VHM Chicago, jus 'cuz this one doesn't get heard so much. Definite flashback to late spring of '74, tho'.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 08:33:14 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"

That really great job I was hoping for didn't materialize.  I was actually a candidate for both the 2nd & 3rd spots that opened up in this group, and have been passed over both times in favor of someone with direct industry experience.  Everyone kept telling me that I'd be a really good fit on the team & that my background would be a very good fit for the job, but in the end there's always someone with more relevant experience.

Bridge of Sighs indeed.

There's still some chance a 4th spot will open up & I'll get one more shot, but in the meantime I have to re-commit emotionally to this job until something better comes along.

Sigh.

Bummer, man... we feel your pain.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 08:33:56 AM »
damn! BOS3 Joni.  Fab-you-luss set.

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 08:37:41 AM »
VHM for "Motherless Children", Clapton at his early solo best.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 08:37:52 AM »
WOS Clapton. We all know how I feel about this lyric (I know he didn't write it, but sheesh).

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 08:44:29 AM »
and 1970 tomorrow -- Bob's had a killer week.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 08:45:47 AM »

Argh.  I'm very sorry to hear this.  Putting on my job-coaching hat, I wonder if it would be possible for you to capitalize on your new ties with the people who were considering you this week.  Do they have a project you can help them on during free weekend hours, or do you have some connection that they can benefit from -- anything to involve yourself in their business so they can see how invaluable you are.  In my case it took four months of interning at the Voice to demonstrate my usefulness to them.  In your case it hopefully wouldn't take something so pronounced.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1974 on Thurs 7/21/05
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 09:59:48 AM »

Bridge of Sighs indeed.

Sigh.

Ahhh, crap. Sorry to hear that, man. I know what you're feeling--I had something like that happen about three years ago. Went all the way thru the interview process, thought I had it just about wrapped up, and then they gave it to someone else who worked in a different department of the company. Arrrrgggghhh.
Let's get right to it.