Author Topic: Thursday July 14 - Happy Bastille Day! and it's 1983  (Read 14947 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: BOS, Pink Floyd
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2005, 10:46:27 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "Rod"
Never bought any Floyd after "The Wall", so this is unfamiliar.  Sounds good though.
That wasn't the worst decision you could have made--there wasn't much Floyd worth buying after The Wall. This album is a footnote, they were in last gasp mode with The Final Cut.

Yeah, the psycho-Waters aspect was shrieking at full force here; unbalanced as far as I felt.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: speaking of college
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2005, 10:49:02 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "ggould"
Not a fan of Floyd but I LOVE T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets.  Easily the best thing I read in college and still very impactive on my life-approach.

And no crankypants today, but WWWOS to Todd and his drums.
I'm with ya on the Eliot and the Todd.
One of my best friends at UCSB, named Jeff, just died this last weekend of a heart attack.  I was best man at his wedding, read Eliot there.  We use to stay up all night quoting Four Quartets.  Ch-ch-changes.
Geoff, my sincere condolences on your friend's passing.  I hope there's some comfort that when you see him again you will both know the place for the first time.

thank you.  Back then "The Magus" movie was being shown in Isla Vista, and those four lines were prominently featured, and somehow caught fire; everyone seemed to be talking about where those lines came from.

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: speaking of college
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2005, 10:49:23 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Not a fan of Floyd but I LOVE T.S. Eliot's Four Quartets.  Easily the best thing I read in college and still very impactive on my life-approach.

And no crankypants today, but WWWOS to Todd and his drums.
I'm with ya on the Eliot and the Todd.

One of my best friends at UCSB, named Jeff, just died this last weekend of a heart attack.  I was best man at his wedding, read Eliot there.  We use to stay up all night quoting Four Quartets.  Ch-ch-changes.

Damn, sorry to hear about that, Geoff--my condolences. Stuff like that really brings you back to earth.
Let's get right to it.