Author Topic: 10 February 2010: it's...1978  (Read 8984 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: 10 February 2010: it's...1978
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 02:51:42 PM »
Just did a quick scan of the DB and no fewer than FIVE of today's songs were bustouts: EWF, Nick Lowe, The Who, Bob Seger, and Queen. The first two really surprised me--I'd swear we've heard both of those, but if we did it was in the period not covered in the DB, or confusing it with something Ginger played (still miss her spin on 10@10, btw).

The first one really surprises me!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
Just did a quick scan of the DB and no fewer than FIVE of today's songs were bustouts: EWF, Nick Lowe, The Who, Bob Seger, and Queen. The first two really surprised me--I'd swear we've heard both of those, but if we did it was in the period not covered in the DB, or confusing it with something Ginger played (still miss her spin on 10@10, btw).

The first one really surprises me!

Urth, I think either the EWF or the Lowe were played in the "missing" period -- I def remember hearing "Breaking Glass" before (recently, it seems) and thinking it was about time it showed up on 10@10.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 10:00:52 PM »
The new job is going quite well.  Next week another 2 guys are coming on board and probably a 3rd within another couple of days.  So I won't be the new guy any more.

Really glad to hear this, Mark.  Congrats, and keep up the good work.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”