Author Topic: 10 Nov 2009--it's 1980  (Read 11896 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Nov 2009--it's 1980
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2009, 11:03:50 AM »
I figured she'd play the obligatory Devo as she has done so far in every set circa 1980.  Not my favorite song from that album though.

heh, not the Song-U-Want, eh?

these guys rocked pretty hard, I loved them.  It would've been great to see them at the Regency Ballroom, but tix were 40 (or maybe 50) and above, I think (sort of like the age of the band members).  gotta budget those rock dollars in these times!

maybe Devo 2.0 will tour again -- might be cheaper.

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2009, 11:06:25 AM »
I figured she'd play the obligatory Devo as she has done so far in every set circa 1980.  Not my favorite song from that album though.

these guys rocked pretty hard, I loved them.  It would've been great to see them at the Regency Ballroom, but tix were 40 (or maybe 50) and above, I think (sort of like the age of the band members).  gotta budget those rock dollars in these times!

Heard from some friends that went that they played the evening's designated album, but not much more. The main set consisted of Q: Are We Not Men? or Freedom of Choice, respectively, and that's it. Add two songs for the encore and that was the entire show. Under an hour, both nights.
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »

Heard from some friends that went that they played the evening's designated album, but not much more. The main set consisted of Q: Are We Not Men? or Freedom of Choice, respectively, and that's it. Add two songs for the encore and that was the entire show. Under an hour, both nights.

not much quantity, but I hope the quality lived up to expectations.  And there probably were a  lot of expectations at a show like this. 
~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2009, 02:44:48 PM »
11/10/09 - Tuesday!  Good times in...1980!!

1.  The Vapors - Turning Japanese
   2.  Pete Townshend - Rough Boys
   3.  Genesis - Behind the Lines
(TV:  Bosom Buddies)
   4.  Pointer Sisters - He's So Shy
(TV:  Bosom Buddies)
   5.  Devo - Girl U Want
   6.  The B52's - Strobe Light (BOS!)
(Movie montage)
   7.  Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
   8.  Billy Joel - Don't Ask Me Why
(News:  Mt. St. Helen's)
   9.  The Grateful Dead - Althea
 10.  Steve Forbert - Romeo's Tune

BONUS TRACK:  Blondie - Atomic

an ooooooh! your bonus is beautiful! oooooh! tonight.... "Atomic"!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round