Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1092993 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #915 on: November 05, 2008, 10:51:15 AM »
I found a kfog stream that worked for me today via this page:

http://radiotime.com/station/s_32698/KFOG.aspx

~CPL593H~

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 06, 2008, 09:55:29 AM »
The good news: KFOG's now playing another new Pretenders track, "Love's a Mystery", which KPIG has been playing for a couple of months.

The bad news: Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" is apparently in heavy oldie rotation -- bucking to be the new "Sweet Emotion" or "Killer Queen". Yeesh.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 06, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »
The good news: KFOG's now playing another new Pretenders track, "Love's a Mystery", which KPIG has been playing for a couple of months.

The bad news: Journey's "Wheel in the Sky" is apparently in heavy oldie rotation -- bucking to be the new "Sweet Emotion" or "Killer Queen". Yeesh.

I sure seem to be hearing a lot more Alannis Moreupset the last couple days as well.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 07, 2008, 09:01:28 AM »
it's "request-o-rama-o-rama" on the Morning show.  Kudos to the guy who requested the 'mats "Alex Chilton" earlier. And shame on "the amazing KFOG record library" for not having the Yardbirds' "Happenings 10 Years Time Ago".

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #919 on: November 07, 2008, 09:51:48 AM »
it's "request-o-rama-o-rama" on the Morning show.  Kudos to the guy who requested the 'mats "Alex Chilton" earlier. And shame on "the amazing KFOG record library" for not having the Yardbirds' "Happenings 10 Years Time Ago".
I heard that too. Was there an explanation? 
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 07, 2008, 10:00:22 AM »
I heard that too. Was there an explanation? 

Dave said the CD was missing.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 10, 2008, 08:59:36 AM »
Concert for Kids 2008 announced: Pretenders!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 10, 2008, 09:47:10 AM »
Concert for Kids 2008 announced: Pretenders!
Yes, Dec 11 at one of my fave venues, Oakland's Paramount! See y'all there: http://www.kfog.com/music/c4k/2008/

SFGuy

« Reply #923 on: November 11, 2008, 02:01:05 AM »

I sure seem to be hearing a lot more Alannis Moreupset the last couple days as well.

I'd rather hear any of the above artists then listen to Dave Matthews. He makes me want to rip my ears off and burn it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 11, 2008, 09:13:28 AM »
ah, stupid Fogheads, we love 'em... Pop Quiz was a mini-M3S with just the intros from 3 Pretenders songs. They went thru 5 callers who didn't know the title of "My City Was Gone" ("Ohio"? nope. "Back to Ohio"? nope  "I Went back to Ohio"? er,...no) before somebody finally named it correctly. Sheesh.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 11, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »

I think she's doing a KFOG private concert or some s***. Saw her mug on the KFOG front door carousel this am.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 11, 2008, 10:42:42 AM »

I think she's doing a KFOG private concert or some s***. Saw her mug on the KFOG front door carousel this am.

They're giving away 5-4-3-2-1st row tix this week. They played "Thank You" this morning, which they totally ignored when it was a "hit".

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 11, 2008, 01:12:15 PM »

Yeah, according to my database (which spottily goes back to around 2004), "Wheel in the Sky" maybe 3-4 times a *year* until October of this year, when it got spun 7 times in the space of 13 days!  4 spins so far in November.

Man, I really need to get this data into a proper format so somebody smarter than me can query it for trends, etc.

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 11, 2008, 01:33:15 PM »

They're giving away 5-4-3-2-1st row tix this week. They played "Thank You" this morning, which they totally ignored when it was a "hit".

Huh, strange, my database doesn't show them EVER playing "Thank U".  Maybe it's not in their computer?

But at any rate, you've actually been hearing *less* of Alanis.  Her new album "Flavors of Enganglement" dropped in the US on June 10, but holy crap somebody at KFOG really loves that "Underneath" track.  KFOG got the advanced track sometime in April, and from May to July, they played it 46-47 times a month.  In August they only played it 13 times, and it hasn't been played at all since then.

Prior to April, older Alanis tracks ("You Oughta Know", "Hand In My Pocket", "Ironic" and "You Learn") were getting played an average of slightly more than once a day.  During the "Entanglement" push, that bumped to 2.5 Alanis songs/day.

September saw an all-time low of Alanis spins, with only 18 for the whole month.  But we were back up to 28 in October.

So I guess yes, there is a recent uptick in spins of Alanis, but compared to the crazy marketing of her new album over the summer, it's not out of the ordinary.

[Notes:  1) my playlist capturing scripts are not 100% reliable, 2) I'm not a huge fan of Alanis, but I do have a few of her CDs, 3) she's Canadian and has recorded with my favorite band Barenaked Ladies, so I'm biased towards liking her.]

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 11, 2008, 01:42:31 PM »
Other stats, since I'm here:

Top 15 songs for October (Spins / Artist / Song / Album):

83 Los Lonely Boys    STAYING WITH ME Forgiven / KFOG Live From The Archives 15
  81 Snow Patrol        TAKE BACK THE CITY      Hundred Million Suns
  78 NEEDTOBREATHE      MORE TIME       Heat
  77 Aimee Mann FREEWAY @#%25
  60 Coldplay   LOST!   Viva La Vida
  54 O.A.R.     SHATTERED (TURN THE CAR AROUND) All Sides
  53 GAVIN ROSSDALE     LOVE REMAINS THE SAME   WANDERLUST
  52 Michael Franti     SAY HEY (I LOVE YOU)    All Rebel Rockers
  51 KT TUNSTALL        LITTLE FAVOURS  Drastic Fantastic
  51 Jason Mraz I'M YOURS       We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things
  50 ERIC HUTCHINSON    ROCK AND ROLL   Sounds Like This
  49 Death Cab for Cutie        I WILL POSESS YOUR HEART        Narrow Stairs
  49 Journey NEVER WALK AWAY Revelation
  48 Augustana  SWEET AND LOW   Can't Love, Can't Hurt / KFOG Live From The Archives 15
  47 Duffy      MERCY   Rockferry