Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1078679 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #795 on: May 30, 2008, 09:59:44 AM »
The "Acoustic Sunrise" ad at 5 before the hour played a clip from Willie Nelson's "Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other."  I was so delighted when that charted Hot 100 on its iTunes sales.  Does/did KFOG actually play it?

they played it for a couple of weeks at the time it came out. As did KPIG.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 01, 2008, 12:18:24 PM »
interesting Ben Fong-Torres column in today's Chron about repetition on KFOG and other stations:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/01/PK6T10R1GI.DTL

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #797 on: June 01, 2008, 07:54:52 PM »
interesting Ben Fong-Torres column in today's Chron about repetition on KFOG and other stations:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/01/PK6T10R1GI.DTL
I like Ben a lot, and would tend to agree.  I even hear certain songs on KPIG in what seems like heavy rotation for them now and then.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 28, 2008, 10:25:17 PM »
I just tuned past KFOG on my way to KPOO, and they were playing the Soup Dragons' fab Stones cover, "I'm Free" -- I can't recall ever hearing that in regular KFOG rotation.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 01, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »
Couldn't find a great thread for this...

Anyway, has anybody else noticed the new advertising campaign from Shreve and Company?  Gay marraige is finally mainstream -- a major jeweler has recognized a growing market.  I love America.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 01, 2008, 09:03:41 PM »
Couldn't find a great thread for this...

Anyway, has anybody else noticed the new advertising campaign from Shreve and Company?  Gay marraige is finally mainstream -- a major jeweler has recognized a growing market.  I love America.

I'm shocked Tom Shane didn't jump on it first!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:34 AM »
Just read (in DM's blog, of all places) that Mike Powers is leaving KFOG to do an evening shift somewhere in LA. His last KFOG broadcast will be this Sunday.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 02, 2008, 10:10:16 AM »
Just read (in DM's blog, of all places) that Mike Powers is leaving KFOG to do an evening shift somewhere in LA. His last KFOG broadcast will be this Sunday.

He's also been doing the afternoon sports updates on KNBR of late.  Cumulus will miss him.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
You phenomenal human beings...
« Reply #803 on: July 20, 2008, 12:03:50 AM »
Was just catching up on Ben Fong Torres' radio columns on SFGate, and read the one from last Sunday, which features a lengthy interview with KFOG's own Annalisa, and includes a few tidbits about her that I did not know. Like her real name: Lisa Parsiale. And also there's a mention that she has a boyfriend. Which runs counter to what we'd heard around here, but anyone can change their minds I guess.

Anyway, worth the read if you haven't already:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/13/PKP111IRJG.DTL&hw=Radio+Waves&sn=002&sc=788
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: You phenomenal human beings...
« Reply #804 on: July 20, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »
Was just catching up on Ben Fong Torres' radio columns on SFGate, and read the one from last Sunday, which features a lengthy interview with KFOG's own Annalisa, and includes a few tidbits about her that I did not know. Like her real name: Lisa Parsiale. And also there's a mention that she has a boyfriend. Which runs counter to what we'd heard around here, but anyone can change their minds I guess.

Hrm.  Considering we heard that from Irish Greg himself (and not "a friend-of-a-friend whose cousin told us..." sorta thing) that's kind of interesting. 

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: You phenomenal human beings...
« Reply #805 on: July 20, 2008, 02:28:10 PM »

Hrm.  Considering we heard that from Irish Greg himself (and not "a friend-of-a-friend whose cousin told us..." sorta thing) that's kind of interesting. 
It's sexy to be flexy.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 21, 2008, 10:22:32 AM »
Go check out the finalists for the LFTA15 cover contest. One of the entries is a takeoff on American Gothic, with Rosalie and Dave's heads photoshopped in. It's not good enough to win, but clever nonetheless...
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 21, 2008, 10:23:55 AM »
Go check out the finalists for the LFTA15 cover contest. One of the entries is a takeoff on American Gothic, with Rosalie and Dave's heads photoshopped in. It's not good enough to win, but clever nonetheless...

They've been talking about it on the Morning Show and "encouraging" folks to vote for it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 21, 2008, 11:03:48 AM »

They've been talking about it on the Morning Show and "encouraging" folks to vote for it.

Greg & Renee are doing the 'encouraging', Dave is being self-deprecating. 

I voted for it.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 21, 2008, 09:54:35 PM »

Greg & Renee are doing the 'encouraging', Dave is being self-deprecating. 

I voted for it.
I also voted for it. There were a few other covers I liked as well.
Sharks bleed teal.