Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1093375 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
trails
« Reply #675 on: November 15, 2007, 05:11:23 PM »
don't know if you heard me this AM, I was ranting about the jet contrails.  It's one of my favorite things to watch, but I don't get off on all the conspiracy stuff.  I hung up on them at a certain point.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: trails
« Reply #676 on: November 15, 2007, 05:50:13 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
don't know if you heard me this AM, I was ranting about the jet contrails.  It's one of my favorite things to watch, but I don't get off on all the conspiracy stuff.  I hung up on them at a certain point.

Y'know, I vaguely remember hearing something about contrails one of the times my alarm went off before 7 this morning. I just hit snooze and went back to sleep, tho so I didn't really figure out what the deal was.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #677 on: November 21, 2007, 08:41:38 AM »
Yikes, Scoop Nisker is rapping.  

I haven't heard one of Scoop's, er, scoops, in quite a while -- but today I can understand why his bits are a love-it-or-hate-it thing with Fogheads. This is going on far too long.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: Let's do the Time Warp again...
« Reply #678 on: December 07, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »
Woohoo, Big Rick is playing "Time Warp", the fuuuullll version.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #679 on: December 07, 2007, 06:24:26 PM »
Big Rick just played this, which I hope gets more play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Fqiw5bPmo
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 08, 2007, 10:15:33 AM »
Big Rick just played this, which I hope gets more play...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Fqiw5bPmo

That's been out for quite a while and gets dug up from time to time on Live 105 & Channel 104.9 as well.  But I agree, it deserves wider exposure.  Hadn't seen the video, so thanks for posting the link.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 12, 2007, 08:02:32 AM »
I've been throwing stuff at the radio this week, as "Request-O-Rama" winners have been exceedingly lame; one guy said "play whatever you want" (then why bother to win the contest, dude?) and another woman simply HAD to hear "Rehab" by Ms Whine-house (which woulda come up within a half hour anyway). But this morning the winner said: "It's not Xmas at our house unless we hear 'Santa Claus & His Old Lady'".  I wanna live with *those* folks. Bet they bake a lot of, er, brownies...

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 13, 2007, 08:47:51 AM »
Only tuned in this morning for about 3 minutes, but heard this gem of an exchange:

The substitute news person (peter's sick) played a newsclip out of Florida where they are legislating against the gangsta saggy pants look in schools.  The voice of some official said, "We hope that if the kids realize where this look comes from they'll reconsider it.  It comes from prison, and if you are available that night, then you were your pants baggy".  This led to generic exclamations of OMG in the KFOG studio, and then Dave proclaimed:

"Well from now on I'm wearin' my trousers baggy!"
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 13, 2007, 09:02:09 AM »
Only tuned in this morning for about 3 minutes, but heard this gem of an exchange:

The substitute news person (peter's sick) played a newsclip out of Florida where they are legislating against the gangsta saggy pants look in schools.  The voice of some official said, "We hope that if the kids realize where this look comes from they'll reconsider it.  It comes from prison, and if you are available that night, then you were your pants baggy".  This led to generic exclamations of OMG in the KFOG studio, and then Dave proclaimed:

That's hilarious! But the FLA legislators should realize kids KNOW where it comes from -- that's why they do it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 13, 2007, 09:05:24 AM »

That's hilarious! But the FLA legislators should realize kids KNOW where it comes from -- that's why they do it.

In other words: Kids are stupid, but they're not dumb.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: December 14, 2007, 08:09:04 AM »
in the 6:00 hour, a discussion of songs with medical themes (A Foghead was making a mix-CD for her doctor husband and med student son), Dave played the Smiths' "Girlfriend in a Coma"!  A KFOG bustout?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 17, 2007, 09:44:36 AM »
Glad to hear Broooce's "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" in KFOG rotation.  This album made my Top 10 for the year.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 17, 2007, 09:50:59 AM »
Glad to hear Broooce's "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" in KFOG rotation.  This album made my Top 10 for the year.

They're 4 or 5 cuts deep into Magic on KFOG -- tons of airplay.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: December 19, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »
anyone else hear the Led Zep Song Title Spelling Bee this morning? Truly painful.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #689 on: December 19, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
anyone else hear the Led Zep Song Title Spelling Bee this morning? Truly painful.
yes, it was odd, to say the least.  What's the big Zep deal?  Are they coming to SF?  It seems like yesterday was about the Satanic message in Stairway!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!